PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS

• Discuss PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS Blue, 185MM, $79.99 They are now in Red and Blue but only in 185mm but they are only 79.99 ! ...
  • Tags cranks
RuLe

RuLe

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #1
PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS
Blue, 185MM, $79.99

They are now in Red and Blue but only in 185mm but they are only 79.99 !

X

XIII

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #2
185mm is too big...get 175 or 180...(unless u like long crank arms)

D

Devourment 138

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #3
RuLe said:
PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS
Blue, 185MM, $79.99

They are now in Red and Blue but only in 185mm but they are only 79.99 !
some of those primos do not have the steel pedal boss inserts....so make sure the ones you buy do

RuLe

RuLe

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #4
why would u do that, its 139.99 just for that. whats the difference tho?

F

federal_rider12

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #5
you know why they are so cheap???

because they are the old models that suck ass(i still think the new powerbites suck and met many guys who hate them too now that they rode them) they dont even have the steel inserts for the pedal bosses so they strip out easily(the new ones with the inserts slip after a while) and no one buys a 185 unless your like 6ft 10in or so tall

M

Mr_Shrapnel

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #6
yep, what federal said.
you only need long cranks if you race, (or are really tall) short cranks are much beter for fresstyle, personally i am going to get some 170mm when my cranks what i am running get toasted (hopefully that will be a long time though)

why do you want some new cranks rule? whats wrong with the ones you have got......the colour not cool enough or something?

RuLe

RuLe

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #7
mine make a cracking noise like the bearing are ****ed i dotn no why but i can wait for them. i am gonna get a new headset and stem instead for the price on the cranks

X

XIII

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #8
RuLe said:
mine make a cracking noise like the bearing are f*ck i dotn no why but i can wait for them. i am gonna get a new headset and stem instead for the price on the cranks
the cracking noise happens to almost all 3pc cranks...its normal...they are just "slightly used"...when that snap and you bust your nuts on tour top tube, then you know there is something wrong with your cranks.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #9
so what the hell is wrong with your stem and headset then?

I

infantry43RIDER

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #10
probally nothing.

cranks make noices...don't worry about it...im sure you will know when they go bad...in like a year...maybe and i stress maybe.
and as i said before...you should just paint your cranks if you want them blue...im not TELLING you to so don't come back with oh F you infantry for being a stupid dictator...but you will save money...beside that whole thing with the powerbites old model...

P

Pyro insaine

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #11
XIII said:
185mm is too big...get 175 or 180...(unless u like long crank arms)
I DO I just got that one in silver

P

Pyro insaine

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #12
They are now in Red and Blue but only in 185mm but they are only 79.99 ![/quote]

some of those primos do not have the steel pedal boss inserts....so make sure the ones you buy do[/quote]

They dont but i got them in silver and they take plenty of abuse anyway

RULE, its worth buying ull be happy

F

federal_rider12

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #13
XIII said:
RuLe said:
mine make a cracking noise like the bearing are f*ck i dotn no why but i can wait for them. i am gonna get a new headset and stem instead for the price on the cranks
the cracking noise happens to almost all 3pc cranks...its normal...they are just "slightly used"...when that snap and you bust your nuts on tour top tube, then you know there is something wrong with your cranks.
hahahaha :lol: thats good man when my crank was creaking i thought it might be my pedals, since they were bent and only happened when i came around to one spot, so i bought the pedals then kept riding and it came back(oh yeah couple days after that i bent those pedals) so i bought sealed bearings and modified my unsealed crank and the creak was still there so then i noticed my crank was bending and made a creaking noise, and it was a forged crank, so i bought the new crank and noticed the old crank spindle was bent too and the creak went away but i kept riding those broken pedals and the noise came back so bought new pedals so damn crank and pedals did both

X

XIII

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #14
federal_rider12 said:
XIII said:
RuLe said:
hahahaha :lol: thats good man when my crank was creaking i thought it might be my pedals, since they were bent and only happened when i came around to one spot, so i bought the pedals then kept riding and it came back(oh yeah couple days after that i bent those pedals) so i bought sealed bearings and modified my unsealed crank and the creak was still there so then i noticed my crank was bending and made a creaking noise, and it was a forged crank, so i bought the new crank and noticed the old crank spindle was bent too and the creak went away but i kept riding those broken pedals and the noise came back so bought new pedals so damn crank and pedals did both
is it easy to put sealed beasings into unsealed pedals?...because...then I will just buy unsealed pedals now and then put in sealed bearings (cheaper that way)

only if it works with out screwing up your pedals

F

federal_rider12

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #15
i bet its possible but i dont know i modified my unsealed crank to a sealed crank i had to do some grinding and cutting(chainwheel bolt wouldnt come off) but id say its possible i am going to try with some of my old pedals with blown out bearings to find out if it is since i thought about it a few times

X

XIII

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #16
ooooh....i thought you said you did it to your pedals...ok....I might try it on some crappies unealed pedals...because I am NOT going to mess up my PINK J.C.'s

F

federal_rider12

PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS post #17
yeah i got quite a few pedals laying around to try that on but most of them have bent spindles but i got cheap redline, dk iron cross, xs pro os, and wellgo(which are still like new used for like a week and are extremely good for $15)

New Topics