Primo Cyclone hub guard

• Discuss Primo Cyclone hub guard in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; YO, i just recently got my We The People Omen frame, everything is running great execpt my freewheel (16t) pokes out the bottom and the top of the... ...
  • Tags bmx cyclone how to grind
rawkabmx

rawkabmx

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #1
YO, i just recently got my We The People Omen frame, everything is running great execpt my freewheel (16t) pokes out the bottom and the top of the dropouts as they are made for smaller gearing. So im thinking of getting a hub guard i.e primo cyclone. anyway so to the point does anyone know if they fit on the freewheel side? and i dont want to hear any crap about them bending.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #2
dont worry, mine stick out too.... wont **** up your free wheel *this i am assuming but pretty sure about* if anything, the hub guard is mostly to protect your spokes from getting bent inwards during grinds

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #3
Too bad. You're going to hear crap about them bending. Mine bent just a tad but it was enough to put a flat spot in my axle and almost strip out my axle when coming off. The design is flawed. The round hub guards distributes pressure better but the cyclone just bends. You should see mine though. It has about 5 marks on it. Waste of $10.

This will probably piss you off even more:

You cant run a hub guard on the freewheel side. Notice how a hub guard is not flat on the back. They are designed to get as close to your spokes as possible without hitting them. That wont work on the drivetrain side since your freewheel/cog is in the way.

I suggest learning how to grind more precisely.

I

infantry43RIDER

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #4
you can actually run a G-SPOrT hub guard on the freewheel slash cassette side...and of course this would be my pick over the primo cyclone...and by far.

F

federal_rider12

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #5
lol i was going to say 2 bad things about it that it should protect against but you dont want to know that but i thought it didnt fit on the freewheel side and fenixbykeco said it didnt too

rawkabmx

rawkabmx

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #6
the main reason for me saying dont tell me stuff about them bending is because i already knew that they did. so anyway would a G-sport one work? im guessing that they do as infantry43RIDER says they do

F

federal_rider12

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #7
from everything i hear about g-sport i would say get it since i only hear good things about their products no one has ever said anything bad about them

I

infantry43RIDER

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #8
rawkabmx said:
the main reason for me saying dont tell me stuff about them bending is because i already knew that they did. so anyway would a G-sport one work? im guessing that they do as infantry43RIDER says they do
yes G-SPOrT rules.
check there products out...
www.empirebmx.com

i don't know their actual site...someone help me out here.

rawkabmx

rawkabmx

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #9
wtp omen

wtp omen

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #10
federal_rider12 said:
from everything i hear about g-sport i would say get it since i only hear good things about their products no one has ever said anything bad about them
here's something bad i have to say about Gsport.
thier products are hard/expensive to get in australia.
other than that Gsport is great, and George is a ****ing genious.

anyway, you say you have an omen. with a 16t freewheel.
if you don't mind me asking, what the **** gearing are you running???
an omen is designed to run 36-13 or smaller.
are you running 36-16 or is your sprocket spaced out insanely far???

i have 36-13 on my omen and the sprocket clears the chainstay by about 4-6mm.

and as for the freewheel being exposed, my cassette driver is exposed a bit(just the cog/chain.
and since you are complaining about the freewheel being exposed to grinds, i am guessing that you grind on the right and have RHD.

well, when i got my omen i had to get a cassette hub because i don't like retarded gearing.
and i grind on the right so i didn't like the small dropouts. but since i had to get a cassette hub, i figured i might as well get an LHD one.
so i got an LHD odyssey cassette and an FBM hubguard to go on the right(my grind side)
now, with LHD and the FBM guard, i love the small dropouts. grinding is smoother and the dropouts hardly get any grind damage since they are the same size as a peg.

my advice to you, is get yourself a cassette hub, odyssey is the best for the price(it's light and strong and well priced), i love mine.
and if you do grind on the right, get the hub in LHD and get an FBM hubguard.
don't buy a snafu guard because they are shit. FBM is the best one for the back wheel.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #11
i use a big washer i found at a construction site

X

XIII

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #12
that wheel on the G-SPOrT website looks really ****ed up... the spokes are really bent and wounded around eachother.

I

infantry43RIDER

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #13
its actually a better way to lace i believe...winding them around each other like that and it protects on grinds better.

X

XIII

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #14
oooh

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #15
I laced both my wheels like that. Less truing is needed now.

rawkabmx

rawkabmx

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #16
if you don't mind me asking, what the f*ck gearing are you running???
the answer to this question is 36 - 16
yes its a stupid gear but i cant be arsed to get a cassete hub yet

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Primo Cyclone hub guard post #17
The G-Sport Gland wouldnt protect your freewheel though. It zip ties to your spokes.

New Topics