Prices--> Bike Shop VS Mail Order

• Discuss Prices--> Bike Shop VS Mail Order in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey. Got a question that might come off as confusing but hopefully it'll make some sense. I know that generally prices in a local shop are more than... ...
M

morphine

Prices--> Bike Shop VS Mail Order post #1
Hey. Got a question that might come off as confusing but hopefully it'll make some sense. I know that generally prices in a local shop are more than prices from an online mailorder. (at least in Canada) The mailorder places can order more things at a time thus getting them cheaper. But I've got a budget, and I can just barely get everything I want from a mailorder (empire, albes). If i went to the local shop, the sticker prices all added up would be over my budget. But I'd rather get everything from my shop.

So my question, would it be reasonable to ask for the same price (obviously converted to Canadian prices) as the mailorder, but at my local shop? Or would that be asking too much? my total comes to $1100 USD on albes.com, so I would be asking for roughly $1200 CAD at the shop.

I have no clue, as I haven't worked at a shop and don't know how much they pay for the parts. I have been a good customer, already building a complete mountain bike there a little while ago, so I'm not new there.

Just wanted some opinions, so I dont feel dumb asking for something unreasonable. Thanks

J

jawn

Prices--> Bike Shop VS Mail Order post #2
Just show them how much you can get it from the mailorder, and ask if they want to compete. Personally I get stuff from my fave bike shop cheaper than mailorder, because I always shop there.

S

stolenbmx16

Prices--> Bike Shop VS Mail Order post #3
if you pay cash they are going to let you

S

sedracer

Prices--> Bike Shop VS Mail Order post #4
yeah, i whore out my local shop so he works with me alot on prices. support your local shop and they'll most likely support you. cause it'll keep bringing them business.

M

morphine

Prices--> Bike Shop VS Mail Order post #5
sweet thanks. I'll try the price I said soon, and pay with cash.

billytalentisshweet

billytalentisshweet

Prices--> Bike Shop VS Mail Order post #6
That's a lot of cash.

O

oldstreetthrasher

Prices--> Bike Shop VS Mail Order post #7
Dude, if you're droppin that kind of loot on bike parts, they had better knock $100 off for you. My shop sells me everything for whatever Dan's comp has it for, minus 10%. THAT, my friends, is a hell of a deal.

turndown

turndown

Prices--> Bike Shop VS Mail Order post #8
Dude, if you're droppin that kind of loot on bike parts, they had better knock $100 off for you. My shop sells me everything for whatever Dan's comp has it for, minus 10%. THAT, my friends, is a hell of a deal.
agreed. when i went and bought my new frame from my shop last summer, they knocked 5 bucks off what dans would sell it to me for, and 5 bucks off the headset. really its not much, but still it was really cool of them to do

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

Prices--> Bike Shop VS Mail Order post #9
if they supply the bike they get it prolly for very cheap and markup alot like many places ofcourse so if ur running 1100 in bike parts they should compete and ya id go and ask if they wanna compete and see what he says but remember taxes apply

New Topics