Premium Duo?

• Discuss Premium Duo? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; So it seems i have been out of the BMX loop for sometime now. GT is still around, but where have all the DYNO's gone??? Just kidding. I'm not... ...
CHAOSxINxBLOOM

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

Premium Duo? post #1
So it seems i have been out of the BMX loop for sometime now. GT is still around, but where have all the DYNO's gone??? Just kidding. I'm not THAT pathetic. Though there are a lot more brands that i have never heard about back in my day.

To the point. Anyone got any experience with the Premium Duo? I.E. strength, comfort, etc. The bike itself on Danscomp.com seems pretty stable. Or so the summary says. I am not familiar with this bike in any sense, so i'm looking for FIRST HAND reviews. Thanks much, and so it's known... i DID do a search, and WOW... noone on here seems to have any similarities in what they ride. So if this Duo sounds bunk, i will take suggestions on any other bikes. Preferably ASAP... antsy to get back on a bike.

ALSO... i'm not rich, so i would rather spend GOOD money on a GOOD bike... this one is CLOSE to my limit... so nothing too expensive, and also... parts... what would i need to switch out on this for being a bad component... and what would you recomend as a replacement... THANX

TheAzMyster

TheAzMyster

Premium Duo? post #2
ok to start link us to the bike :D
second how much is your limit?
you can get a decent bike for $400-$600 but if you dont want to spend that much a $300 bike should be fine
although i wouldnt recomend doing big stairs, drops etc.

i dont have any personal expirience with this bike and i dont know of anyone who rides it but i can give you an estimation on how good it is

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

Premium Duo? post #3
lordofthebored

lordofthebored

Premium Duo? post #4
i know someone whon rides a solo (model down )and his has been fine other than rear hub cuase its unsealed =[ if the duo has seales hubs get it =]
=]=]

A

abdrider

Premium Duo? post #5
that seems like a great bike,
maybe brakes and sprocket if your desperate to upgrade it

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

Premium Duo? post #6
that seems like a great bike,
maybe brakes and sprocket if your desperate to upgrade it
I'm not so much "desperate" to upgrade it, I really could care less about aftermarket parts when what i have works just fine. The only reason I asked about aftermarket parts recomendations is simply, none of the parts i am familiar with. So I don't know how good they are. For all I know, the chain could be the worst on the market right now, and I would have now clue. I havn't ridden since probably 94? Give or take. Thank you though, I will look into it. Much appreciated.

TheAzMyster

TheAzMyster

Premium Duo? post #7
well theres is absolutely nothing wrong with this bike its a good deal

if it was me there a 3 things i would change
pedals
grips
and seat

wellgo pedals are useless
grips probably feel really ugly
and the seat is pretty yuck (you dont have to change anything im just saying this is what i would change

but its definately a good buy i think you should go for it

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

Premium Duo? post #8
Thanks for the tips. I'll see about looking into them then. I actually ordered the bike at about 7 am. this morning. said to hell with it and went for it. As far as i could tell, there didn't seem to be any downfall issues that i have come accross in my search for answers. thanks.

Ecko

Ecko

Premium Duo? post #9
A buddy of mine that I ride with had the Premium Duo and said it was an amazing bike. Solid as a rock. Hope you enjoy it!

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

Premium Duo? post #10
Thanks Ecko... that is good to hear, and makes me feel a little more confident in my purchas. You have no idea...

Red Horn

Red Horn

Premium Duo? post #11
It's basically a Haro with a little different flavor. Premium's whole line up seems solid. Full CroMo through out +++. At your max spending level this a screaming good deal; http://oldskoolcycles.com/Verde_Modus.aspx

Whooops, missed this part
I actually ordered the bike at about 7 am. this morning.

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

Premium Duo? post #12
Thanks Red, just because i have already ordered mine, dosn't mean i can't contribute your advice to a friend. That does sound like a good deal though... Appreciate the thought thogh. Good looking out...

M

MATRIX

Premium Duo? post #13
So it seems i have been out of the BMX loop for sometime now. GT is still around, but where have all the DYNO's gone??? Just kidding. I'm not THAT pathetic. Though there are a lot more brands that i have never heard about back in my day.

To the point. Anyone got any experience with the Premium Duo? I.E. strength, comfort, etc. The bike itself on Danscomp.com seems pretty stable. Or so the summary says. I am not familiar with this bike in any sense, so i'm looking for FIRST HAND reviews. Thanks much, and so it's known... i DID do a search, and WOW... noone on here seems to have any similarities in what they ride. So if this Duo sounds bunk, i will take suggestions on any other bikes. Preferably ASAP... antsy to get back on a bike.

ALSO... i'm not rich, so i would rather spend GOOD money on a GOOD bike... this one is CLOSE to my limit... so nothing too expensive, and also... parts... what would i need to switch out on this for being a bad component... and what would you recomend as a replacement... THANX
Due to the names you mentioned your like me I would guess and in your late 20's or early 30's. Alot has changed over the years. Premium is Haro...just the hgh end stuff. If i was you, I'd look at WTP, Hoffman, FBM, KINK,VERDE and of course...100% cromo frames.

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

CHAOSxINxBLOOM

Premium Duo? post #14
Thanks for the advice Matrix. I'll be 24 on friday... not quite that old, but getting there a little every day. I already purchsed the Duo, but thanks anyways. I'll remember this when i go to upgrade, or any friends that are looking into getting bikes.

Also, mine is cromo... but thanks for the heads up... appreciated.

New Topics