powerbites anyone?

• Discuss powerbites anyone? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; anyone have or used powerbite crank? What do you think of them? Worth the money? ta ...
Paul1311

Paul1311

powerbites anyone? post #1
anyone have or used powerbite crank?

What do you think of them?

Worth the money?
ta

T

TravFit

powerbites anyone? post #2
Yes. Awesome cranks.

Solid.

Just, don't mind the weight.

J

jawn

powerbites anyone? post #3
Hell yes!

Elliott

Elliott

powerbites anyone? post #4
great cranks im currently running them no problems as of yet
only thing is i have had to put a spacer between the crank arm and my sprocket so the chain doesnt chew the arm up but im running 25-9 good strong cranks though

H

Hermes

powerbites anyone? post #5
all i hear about them is good shit...

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

powerbites anyone? post #6
i have heard of VERY few Powerbites breaking. any bike part will break under the right conditions, but Powerbites have a great track record. they are strong and simple. definately worth the investment. i love mine and they are over 5 years old.

H

Hermes

powerbites anyone? post #7
ONCE again ^this guy is the man(and he is very helpful)

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

powerbites anyone? post #8
7 years strong Mine are old enough that they have a solid spindle there only RHD compatible (No Cassettes LOL) and no steel inserts in the pedal bosses. One of the best cranks ever made. Go for it. Funny though I have no rub issues with my 25-10 gearing.

Years of abuse.

Last edited:
Paul1311

Paul1311

powerbites anyone? post #9
Thanks alot i will deffo buy these :d

thecaptain

thecaptain

powerbites anyone? post #10
awesome cranks, buy some! will last you years

H

hunterjim00

powerbites anyone? post #11
I had two sets. My first pair the pedal inserts stripped out. My second set wouldnt stay tight the crank arm got to loose.

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

powerbites anyone? post #12
never heard anything but good comments about these

Stephen G

Stephen G

powerbites anyone? post #13
PROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEi

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

powerbites anyone? post #14
PROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEPROFILEi
Why Pay more for a weaker crank???

skavenger256

skavenger256

powerbites anyone? post #15
7 years strong Mine are old enough that they have a solid spindle there only RHD compatible (No Cassettes LOL) and no steel inserts in the pedal bosses. One of the best cranks ever made. Go for it.
Same here, iv had mine around 8 years, and i wasnt even the first owner. The only thing i could do without is the bit of extra weight, but i suppose thats why my cranks have lasted for 10 years. These things are the real deal holyfield.

Last edited:
M

Marcus Poopy

powerbites anyone? post #16
if you love ankle bite with a passion

although i dont agree...that was funny:p +rep

Stephen G

Stephen G

powerbites anyone? post #17
Profiles aren't weaker.
I know multiple dudes who've run them for like 8 years.

This is just like the Canon vs. Nikon debate if you're into cameras, both will do the same thing, but it's just down to whatever you feel you like more.
I prefer Profiles tbh, I just like the look of them, and the fact that you can grind them for ages and you'll not wear through, and I like Canons, because that's what I have.

Also, I've never ever had ankle bite from mine.

Last edited:
Creepozoid

Creepozoid

powerbites anyone? post #18
Profiles aren't weaker.
I know multiple dudes who've run them for like 8 years.

This is just like the Canon vs. Nikon debate if you're into cameras, both will do the same thing, but it's just down to whatever you feel you like more.
I prefer Profiles tbh, I just like the look of them, and the fact that you can grind them for ages and you'll not wear through, and I like Canons, because that's what I have.

Also, I've never ever had ankle bite from mine.
ahaha me too, profile and canon! :clap:

Stephen G

Stephen G

powerbites anyone? post #19
For hubs though, I go a madera on the back, same shit different shell, 50 bucks cheaper.

edt: hahahah, I got the first neg rep that I can remember because I said I like profiles, by someone who didn't even post!

Ho ho ho, this forum is full of lulz.

QuebecRider

QuebecRider

powerbites anyone? post #20
I have powerbites and they are strong as hell never get problem wth them

New Topics