Plexiglass question, really need info fast.

• Discuss Plexiglass question, really need info fast. in the NBR - Not BMX Related forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; I was tinkering with my Blazer and I magically found the weak spot oin the rear window and it literally shattered when I closed it, it was funny, but... ...
ATP

ATP

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #1
I was tinkering with my Blazer and I magically found the weak spot oin the rear window and it literally shattered when I closed it, it was funny, but now I'm windowless.

I would like to custom fit a plexiglass rear window, it would be really nice. But I need to know how much it is by the foot or however you measure it. If its to much, for the summer i'm just going to put a mesh screening over it, and cover it when it rains.

ridecleveland

ridecleveland

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #2
It would probably be cheaper to find a place to put a new window in for you. Last summer i got pissed and punched the windsheild of my car and it cracked on the driver side, I found a place that came out and put a new windshelid for around 146$ including labor.

mstandlee

mstandlee

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #3
Besides the shit bein expensive, it scratches very easy as well. I work with alot of plexi and as much as rubbing it on my jeans hard will scratch it. Just FYI

ATP

ATP

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #4
I'm just going to make a makeshift screen-like thing. In the winter I'll get it and the tailgate replaced. Thanks.

M

myuu

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #5
Wha? Your think your too good for the plastic bag and clear plastic tape? Well for your info, YOUR NOT!!! Just kidding! I bought tiles of plexiglass square roughly 7 inches diagonally for modding my DDR dance pad and it was about a buck thirty each from Home Depot. With some DIY ingenuity I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make it work. If not you'll get this cool whirling sound when your driving down the freeway!

ATP

ATP

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #6
Well I planned on getting a bigger size than I need, and grinding down the edges to the exacvt contour of the old window, and bolt its onto te hinges, window wiper unit, and then latch. If it's under 50 dollars I'll do it.

M

myuu

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #7
50 bucks can get it professionally done and a pack of frozen Omaha steaks!

Levimoody

Levimoody

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #8
Lol it will be under $50 but you will spend at least 3x that gettin it in there by the time it breaks and whatnot.Get a Plastic bag imo.

ATP

ATP

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #9
Um how would it be hard to get it in? I know what i'm doing. And it won't break comapred to how the last glass window did.

fitbike61

fitbike61

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #10
dunno what plexiglass really is but THIS is what you need

ATP

ATP

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #11
I need to be able to see through it haha. And I would like a fucntioning window, that latches to my tailgate, and window washer, and is secure so my bike dont get jacked.

TrikeKid

TrikeKid

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #12
Just get another glass window, plexi is WEAK as hell compared to tempered glass (what your window was made out of ), I've bounced a 10lb hammer off tempered glass, and I've also broken a piece of plexi by dropping it on the ground. And of course there is that plexi scratches if you look at it the wrong way.

ATP

ATP

Plexiglass question, really need info fast. post #13
Hmmm, well I guess I'll just buy a new window, but first the tailgate needs to be replaced (got whacked in, and the lacthing mech, is ****ed) then I';ll worry bout that.

New Topics