Pissed off

• Discuss Pissed off in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I ran to the same store three times today looking for the right size chain, I came back with some deruallier or something which wasn't it and the only... ...
JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Pissed off post #1
I ran to the same store three times today looking for the right size chain, I came back with some deruallier or something which wasn't it and the only other size they had which is for a "single" speed bike and it still doesn't f'in fit it's too long any ideas what to do? (I have no chain breaker either)

nowhales180

nowhales180

Pissed off post #2
if you're going to a bike shop go to get a chain breaker then

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Pissed off post #3
So i'm gonna need a chain breaker to break the links down to the right size right?

watchingtrains

watchingtrains

Pissed off post #4
So i'm gonna need a chain breaker to break the links down to the right size right?
yes. chainbreaker good. you no buy cheap one ok? you buy cheap one, you regret it. you listen ok?

sorry i just had to do that.

B

band aid

Pissed off post #5
ya i got my 5.00 one and it BANG. go for something worth the money.

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Pissed off post #6
No need to be an ass, unless that is really how you talk?

M

MATRIX

Pissed off post #7
You can get a chain breaker at Walmart that will do the job. But, a park or other higher brand will last longer. Then agian, I have like 2 from Walmart and 1 Park. So, either way I'm covered.

watchingtrains

watchingtrains

Pissed off post #8
No need to be an ass, unless that is really how you talk?
i was making fun of this asian guy i had to listen to like five minutes ago on the phone here at work. sorry that i took it out on you. it was funny for me.

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Pissed off post #9
You can get a chain breaker at Walmart that will do the job. But, a park or other higher brand will last longer. Then agian, I have like 2 from Walmart and 1 Park. So, either way I'm covered.
Just ordered one off of dans comp is that one any good?

watchingtrains

watchingtrains

Pissed off post #10
which one did you get?
i have the park tools its worth the money. i bought the $5 one from dan's and it broke after about 3 uses. i was pissed but hey you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
B

Biking2112

Pissed off post #11
DUDE, go to your local bike shop, even a roadbike shop and ask them to break it for you... if the guy is not an uber douche, he'll do it for you for free.

xACExSPADESx

xACExSPADESx

Pissed off post #12
Get a chain breaker, is the best bet. Order one from dans.

seanmcguire

seanmcguire

Pissed off post #13
y doesn't anyone buy a chainbreaker from a bike shop?

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Pissed off post #14
^Dude that's not good it's the only one on there and park tools wtf is that? Ones you buy at a skatepark?

watchingtrains

watchingtrains

Pissed off post #15
park tools is a company that makes tools specifically for bicycle repair. dans has several to choose from if you dont want to go to your lbs. park tools and shadow are the two worth paying for

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Pissed off post #16
Where should I look? I don't have a bike shop around here haven't got a car yet

watchingtrains

watchingtrains

Pissed off post #17
like i said dans has several to choose from

New Topics