Peg Weight

• Discuss Peg Weight in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Would 10oz stainless pegs be classed as heavy ? ...
F

felling crew

Peg Weight post #1
Would 10oz stainless pegs be classed as heavy ?

RuLe

RuLe

Peg Weight post #2
my fusion pegs are i think 12oz i believe and together its 24oz and its pretty heavy but u get used to it because i had a problem when i manualled of leaning to the left side because the sproket, chain, pegs, chain tensor , and brake level are all on the right side of the bike and u got to get used to it but it isnt bad once u get it

F

felling crew

Peg Weight post #3
Cheers mate, its just i have just had some made by a cnc machine out on the shopfloor and they look the doggs but i though 10oz might be a little heavy, the original ones we based them on weighed in at 8oz (DK 4 Pack), Trying to find some titanium bar to get him to make some titanium pegs for the sparks !!

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Peg Weight post #4
"heavy" is relative, it does not matter whether a product actually weighs 10 or 12oz if it feels ok to you then it is fine.

but to put it in perspecitve the animal lite pegs weight 8oz each, and they are considered to be light weight (but very strong and hardwearing) pegs.
so 10oz is probably about average for a cromo peg.

I

infantry43RIDER

Peg Weight post #5
i never thought that i would see a post about the god damn peg weight.

X

XIII

Peg Weight post #6
heavy pegs are like 20oz. so you are good... I am getting the FLY pegs some time soon

I

infantry43RIDER

Peg Weight post #7
those fly pegs are super light...
i wouldn't ride to much street on them.

i ride animals...which are like 18 oz...then again i never pay attention to peg weight haha.

F

federal_rider12

Peg Weight post #8
oh no average peg weight is like 18 oz(for 2 pegs) so yours are average since they be 20 oz but dont be going and getting those titanium pegs just for a spark chromoly is the best to stick with cheap and last long but are light enough and dont make a big difference since titanium pegs are a few oz. lighter

I

infantry43RIDER

Peg Weight post #9
my animals spark like no other.

O

oibmxpunx

Peg Weight post #10
my kink og's use to spark alot they porbly still do but i dont use prgs any more cux i got sick of hiting my leg on them

New Topics