Peg question, urgent.

• Discuss Peg question, urgent. in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hello, need help with pegs. I've measured my axle nuts. My front ones are 14mm (which is all well and good) but my rear come out at 18mm (or there... ...
  • Tags bike vert
H

Highbinder

Peg question, urgent. post #1
Hello, need help with pegs.

I've measured my axle nuts. My front ones are 14mm (which is all well and good) but my rear come out at 18mm (or there abouts)

Now I can't find ANY pegs at 18mm, so what I was wondering was whether a) there are any online sites I can see ones that would fit (I have a Huffy M80 btw) or b) anything else I could do

Thanks for any help :D

T

T34418L3_1

Peg question, urgent. post #2
I have never heared of 18mm axels before. U sure there not 14mm? Try putting your front pegs on your back. If they fit, u measured wrong and they are 14mm. If your sure u have 18 mm axels take your bike to where you got it and they should be more then happy to hook u up.

N

Norfox

Peg question, urgent. post #3
i have never heard of 18mm axes either but if you really can't fix them on your axes you could try to enlarge the hole of the pegs with a file.
hope that works

B

BMX KiD

Peg question, urgent. post #4
i think ur measuring wrong because only mtb have huge ass axles and if u do have 18 mm thats awesome cuz they will never bend
:twisted:

K

kyxpegsco

Peg question, urgent. post #5
ONE WORD: KYX! PEGS COMPANY
PEGS DESIGNED BY PROS "ME"
:D TRY THE NEW "KYX VERT 1 PEG" made in pong metal , which is light and lasts 4ever and sparks like hell , made for VERT , STREET

A

Anonymous

Peg question, urgent. post #6
I'm not sure you are measuring the right thing. Chances are, if you have two different size axles, the front being smaller, they are 3/8ths and 14mm respectively. remember you are measureing the diameter, not length or circumference.

The only BMX hubs close to 18mm were JAD hubs back in the mid 90's. They no longer exist, so i doubt this is your situation. Also Haro makes hubs w/a 19mm internal axle. Again, i'm sure this is not the issue. I'm going to guess they your rears are 14mm. Try that measurement again.

A

Anonymous

Peg question, urgent. post #7
FIRST OFF YOU DONT MEASURE YOUR AXLE NUTS YOU MEASURE THE AXLE AND IF YOU CANT FIND ANY JUST GET A GOOD DRILL BIT AND START DRILLIN

H

Highbinder

Peg question, urgent. post #8
Swirly God of Bikes said:
FIRST OFF YOU DONT MEASURE YOUR AXLE NUTS YOU MEASURE THE AXLE AND IF YOU CANT FIND ANY JUST GET A GOOD DRILL BIT AND START DRILLIN
I've seen you around the forums, and you seem like one hell of an asshole. Don't know if its because of the caps or not, but damn!

How old is this thread? Seriously... Its gotto be, errrrr, a good few months.

But let me reply to it anyway. Yes I was measuring it wrong, the front were 10mm's and the back were 14mm's :roll:

B

BMXER88

Peg question, urgent. post #9
Ok 18mm nuts on the rear probabaly means you have a 14mm rear axle and the 15 or wutever on the front means you have a 3/8s axle so go out and buy one 14mm peg and 1 3/8's peg and youll be set

Z

zedbot

Peg question, urgent. post #10
pegs

i had the older huffy m80 and the fornt was 10/12mm axel and the rear was a 14 mm axel
hope this helps

F

federal_rider12

Peg question, urgent. post #11
ok u dont sure the nuts its the axle u measure

ur front axle is 3/8"(10mm), since u said has a 14mm nut
ur rear axle is 14mm, since u said it has a 18mm nut
most pegs that are 14mm come with an adapter to fit on 3/8"(10mm) axles but u dont measure the nuts!!!

D

Devourment 138

Peg question, urgent. post #12
This thread is a year and a half old.....

S

sentaafEQpovar

Peg question, urgent. post #13
are u serious? who the **** bumped it?

man, i want some 18mm axels... or 20mm ones, why hasnt anyone made em for bmx bikes, wieght? or cyuase no one would want to switch to them and have to buynew/shave thier forks and frame dropouts

F

federal_rider12

Peg question, urgent. post #14
zedbot bumped it but someone said there is only 3/8(10mm) and 14mm axles when there are actually 1/2 axles too

S

sentaafEQpovar

Peg question, urgent. post #15
if there are 1/2 axles, and 3/8th are 10mm, then wouldnt 1/2 be 13or14mm axles?

F

federal_rider12

Peg question, urgent. post #16
3/8(10mm) 1/2(12mm) 5/8 or 9/16(14mm)
i think 12mm is 1/2

S

sentaafEQpovar

Peg question, urgent. post #17
my math says that if 3/8th = 10 then 4/8th or 1/2 = 13.333

um cross multiplying or sumthing

F

federal_rider12

Peg question, urgent. post #18
my quakulator came up with 12.7mm(12mm) as a 1/2" axle---9.525mm(10) as 3/8" axle---14.2875mm(14mm) as 9/16" axle

New Topics