Peed off!

• Discuss Peed off! in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I've been doing bunnyhops for 4 weeks now and im just not getting and air. ok yes. im getting a inch but can you think what i COULD be doing wrong... ...
Rage

Rage

Peed off! post #1
I've been doing bunnyhops for 4 weeks now and im just not getting and air. ok yes. im getting a inch but can you think what i COULD be doing wrong?

thanks.

B

band aid

Peed off! post #2
well explain how you do them...now [fornt tire then back tire]...[both tires at once?] i don't know.

anyways here i'll do it.
1. do it over something that will crush..it will help.
2. go jogging speed
3. when your close to the object pull your front tire up to the height of the object.
4. sort of point your toes at the ground and push forward on the bars
5. don't try it once and then come back and say it didn't work. PRACTICE!

Rage

Rage

Peed off! post #3
i do that. exept the toes bit.

H

harorider

Peed off! post #4
point your toes then?

Rage

Rage

Peed off! post #5
ive been out for 15 mins practicing and when i point my toes and i carnt really tell a difference. i can get about 4 inches high though now any more tips.

puffy

puffy

Peed off! post #6
buy lighter parts

Rage

Rage

Peed off! post #7
-.-. ya think i hvnt thought of that! aint got the money dude

Ill just do dirt and make ma bike look good.

S

Sliderman

Peed off! post #8
just got to practice bro, you kinda need to almost pull the bike upwards right as you push forward.

Minitrix

Minitrix

Peed off! post #9
Here's what I do.
Pull up and jump.
It's wierd though.

I can pull up and jump off my pedals with my back tire on the ground, but I can also bunnyhop by jumping.

I can't really understand the physics of my riding fully.

D

dylanc14aim

Peed off! post #10
-.-. ya think i hvnt thought of that! aint got the money dude

Ill just do dirt and make ma bike look good.
you need to learn bhops to dirtjump..ive been trying for a while and i still cant properly flow a jump, bhops are important for everything...exept flat depending on the tricks you wanna do

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Peed off! post #11
Dude just keep trying you will get better and use to your bike

I

itsallinthemix

Peed off! post #12
crouch & spring up / jump - it look me about 2 weeks to get my first bit of bunnyhop air...

Rage

Rage

Peed off! post #13
Lol, some Retards told me you dont need to lern bunnyhoppin to dirt jump. oh well.

Ill KEEP trying. :wink:

C

coolbeans4567

Peed off! post #14
pull up AND out.

R

Robf781

Peed off! post #15
Lol, some Retards told me you dont need to lern bunnyhoppin to dirt jump. oh well.

Ill KEEP trying. :wink:
Sort of true, if you go fast enough you will air anyway without knowing how to hop. But it's a lot easier if you know how to hop first as it teachs you how the bike moves in the air and how to land properly. Trust me if you get big air and land badly it can hurt bad, especially shins when the pedals whip round as your foot slips off ::oops:

Mathias

Mathias

Peed off! post #16
buy lighter parts
The is exactly what you don't kneed to do. You should learn how to ride before you buy a bunch of upgraded parts. It also dosn't matter how light your bike is.

Untitled

Untitled

Peed off! post #17
1. To get better at them, try compressing alot, when i compress to hop, my ass pretty much touches my seat( Its pretty much slammed) Then follow through with the hop steps.

2. Your probally doing the hop wrong. I got alot higher by learning the "Right" way. All of my friends call it a pro-hop. Before i learned the "Right" way this was my way to do a hop.

1.Compress
2.Lift my bike with my handel bars
3.Slam my bike down by putting my weight on my feet.

Its pretty hard to for me explain the way i learned the real hop but it just takes time to learn it and get used to it. Ive been riding for lets say A month and a Half pretty much riding each day and my Hop is at or just below the 2 foot mark.

keep practicing, it aint gonna come in a 15 min session

Rage

Rage

Peed off! post #18
NO... ive been doing it for 5 odd weeks...

B

bmxbrendan

Peed off! post #19
uh, i got it in like... 1hour and i could bunnyhop about 4 inches... is that good?

Peter

Peter

Peed off! post #20
sounds like u just had an off day... i gat them to

New Topics