pedal grinds

• Discuss pedal grinds in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; can anyone who is goofy footed do these? i fidn them quite hard cos i cant see if my pedal is going to land on it or not so i take my feet off... ...
M

Molesrkool

pedal grinds post #1
can anyone who is goofy footed do these?

i fidn them quite hard cos i cant see if my pedal is going to land on it or not so i take my feet off.. just like when i grind cos im scared the peg isnt going to land on it..

any tips for these goofy?
i plan to do pedal feebles

cheers

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

pedal grinds post #2
I've seen some dudes doing pedal stalls thats about it, when I feeble I always land in a pedal grind but never land it just practice I guess

D

DDub

pedal grinds post #3
what way is considered goofy footed? left foot forward?

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

pedal grinds post #4
I think so ^

blkbike

blkbike

pedal grinds post #5
so I ride right foot forward and grind on my right. When you do these it is the exact same thing as a feeble but you push your pedal down when you get on the ledge. I find it alot easier if the ledge comes to an end so you dont have to try and hop off which can be pretty tough. If you have a legde down a bank or something that is anlged down, I would try on that first

Untitled

Untitled

pedal grinds post #6
i always thought that pedal grinds didnt count lol. I do them on accident when i dont tuck my back end for feebles

A

ant1h3ro

pedal grinds post #7
what way is considered goofy footed? left foot forward?
goofy footed means that you ride left foot forward and spin to the left or if you ride right foot forward and spin to the right.

back on subject:
when i did pedal stall and pedal grinds (im goofy footed and i rode pegless for like a month) i used my back pedal and the chain guard. and yes, it is possible!

bmxGOD

bmxGOD

pedal grinds post #8
i have pegs on the right side and grind rite foot foward but i can do pedal grinds on the left side. i do feebles there the easiest. just dont be afraid to commite to it

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

pedal grinds post #9
i always thought that pedal grinds didnt count lol. I do them on accident when i dont tuck my back end for feebles
What exactly do you do when you are "tucking" I never got that?

V

Vector

pedal grinds post #10
^you pull up the bike till the back tire touchs your ass, so you get more altitude, this is called tucking.

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

pedal grinds post #11
I see thanks man

MikeT

MikeT

pedal grinds post #12
Hmm, so goofy is left foot forward, and spinning to the left?

I Ride right foot forwards, and spin to the left - BUT I can't grind on my right, it just feels normal to do it on my left?

This is why i've been putting off learning double peg on the coping!

Yes, i often land in a pedal grind when my back peg doesn't quite catch in a feeble!

turndown

turndown

pedal grinds post #13
I do pedal grinds, normal footed, with my back pedal (left) on my non grind side. They arent too hard, but keep your front tire towards the edge of the ledge, and try to keep your body over your front tire. if you got brakes, grabbing them helps. my friend can do them on skatepark ledges with coping with his front pedal and no brakes (hes pegless anyways) he just pushes down a bit, and does them really nice.

I

IFlipBMXBikes

pedal grinds post #14
What is a feeble? I ride with my left foot forward, spin to the right, and grind on my left. Does that mean I am goofy? And what is fakie in BMX?

turndown

turndown

pedal grinds post #15
What is a feeble? I ride with my left foot forward, spin to the right, and grind on my left. Does that mean I am goofy? And what is fakie in BMX?
feeble grind is the front tire on the ledge and the back peg grinding.
a pedal feeble is the front tire on the ledge and the pedal on the ledge.

you are not goofy footed, you are normal footed.

and fakie is riding backwards in bmx.

AcEoFsPaDeS

AcEoFsPaDeS

pedal grinds post #16
so I ride right foot forward and grind on my right. When you do these it is the exact same thing as a feeble but you push your pedal down when you get on the ledge. I find it alot easier if the ledge comes to an end so you dont have to try and hop off which can be pretty tough. If you have a legde down a bank or something that is anlged down, I would try on that first
your left foot forward dude...

well ive seen people use their rear foot to do them because it acts like a peg. ive seen people do it with the front foot and it works the same. i find the rear foot slides nicer but obviously the front foot is easier becasue its your normal foot forward unless you switch grind sides..

blkbike

blkbike

pedal grinds post #17
hahaha yeah, idk what i was thinking. Im left foot forward and grind on my left. I did a pedal grind today on a ledge. i will get a pic for you guys to check out. heres a pic taken today

my normal foot forward on my normal grind side. no need to switch stance.

hope it helps

Last edited:
glaiduss

glaiduss

pedal grinds post #18
Weird, I grind left foot foward on quaters( I ride left foot foward), but I use my back pedal to grind other stuff, like ledges....I find if I grind with my left foot foward on ledges, the back end drops alot..

blkbike

blkbike

pedal grinds post #19
just need to correct it and lean forward. I would hate to have two sides of my pedals worn down, it would suck

AcEoFsPaDeS

AcEoFsPaDeS

pedal grinds post #20
^^^you cant correct it enough to equal grinding with the rear foot. ive been watching alot of pedal shit lately. it feels really weird to change up the stance though. and it wouldnt wear both sides dude, your foot would still be on the side with pins. it would wear both sides of the cranks, but the pedals go around on the spindle.. you have those guards on your chainstays so you have nothing to worry about with the back end dropping...bastard haha..

New Topics