Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front?

• Discuss Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; When doing a pedal grind should you grind with the pedal facing back or facing forward? I was just wondering which was is the most proper to do! I... ...
D

DDub

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #1
When doing a pedal grind should you grind with the pedal facing back or facing forward? I was just wondering which was is the most proper to do!

I ride left foot forward by the way, thanks.

S

SeattleBMX

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #2
facing foward if i understood your question correctly. you grind on your left im guessing? if so yes pedal slide with your front foot.

M

METAL

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #3
when on quarters,and other coping I use my front pedal,but if I'm hittin a ledge or something I use my rear.

D

DDub

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #4
Ok thanks.

My friend said the only proper way to do them is with the back foot. you do slide better/further with the back foot I have noticed, yet I have to go to the ledge goofy footed which feels awkward.

The Radness

The Radness

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #5
see i always do them front foot. It's what feels natural to me.

Q

Quen

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #6
either one. it's pedal grind if you're grinding on the pedal...

guitar4lif3

guitar4lif3

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #7
i know im threadjacking, but wont you mess up your pedals, ie wear down the pins really fast by pedal grinds? i have unsealed odyssey JC pedals, can i do them and not mess up my pedal?

S

screwglue

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #8
get a pedal grind guard. for me im grinding off my welgos on purpose so i can grind fsater. but them damn pins wont come off!

fastboy888

fastboy888

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #9
lol i have DMR sealed V12's, and my outside pins are well worn cuz of pedal coping slides

Dodupy

Dodupy

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #10
pins

don't worry bout wearing down the pins they are like $5 on danscomps

kong

kong

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #11
i do them with my rear foot. if you have JC's just take out the pins of one side of the pedal you grind on. I've been grinding on mine off and on for like 6months and they are still in pretty good shape just worn down on the grind side, but not going to break any time soon.

M

METAL

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #12
I use wellgo comp pedals,no holes in my shoes,strong,last as long as any other unsealed,if you pedal grind a lot,it's only $9 for a new set.

blkbike

blkbike

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #14
I do them with my front foot. its however you feel better man.

AcEoFsPaDeS

AcEoFsPaDeS

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #15
if you use the rear foot you can use it almost like a rear peg. either way works

AcEoFsPaDeS

AcEoFsPaDeS

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #16
i went out a tried it both ways today. when i did them with my rear foot i just rode switch footed and did it that way so it was still on the same side. it worked better for me because i could control my weight better and it slid nicer. thats just how it went for me and i wasnt doing all out pedal slides down ledges either...

ridecleveland

ridecleveland

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #17
Do what ever side feels most comfy.

M

METAL

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #18
rear foot on your opposite (to grinding)side is typical for ledges.

blkbike

blkbike

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #19
here, this is my normal side and my front foot. it works, im not one to switch my stance. hope it helps

M

METAL

Pedal grinds, pedal in back or front? post #20
looks like your going to be doing a number on your chainstay.

New Topics