Paypal scams

• Discuss Paypal scams in the For Sale (USA) forum in area BMX-Forum Community; If you trust paypal, you might wana rethink it. I just found out that unless you are an ebay member they don't cover you as well as if you are... ...
M

MATRIX

Paypal scams post #1
If you trust paypal, you might wana rethink it. I just found out that unless you are an ebay member they don't cover you as well as if you are.

Also, I have now read 17 stories on different forums about people claiming they don't get cash or a product. And even with bank PROOF, paypal still says they owe money. They then freeze your account and call you atleast 2 times a week asking for it.

Last, and worst. If you dispute a claim with paypal. Even if you are the one getting scammed. Paypal will trust the story of 1- The older of the 2 parties or 2- The one ith the most, not best, info.

Safest way to NOT get scammed is a postal money order, money gram, or cash sent with signature comfirmation and a contract listing what amount of cash is sent and what is being bought.

Just thought I would share as a friend is now having to spend $5000 on a lawyer to take a guy to court. The guy claims he never got the bike he sold. And paypal THINKS they guys claim is legit, even though my friend has USP info showing it was sent.

chinzo

chinzo

Paypal scams post #2
Wow that's crazy paypal kinda sucks

B

BuyingSomeParts

Paypal scams post #3
thanks for the heads up
im gonna watch out now
but most members on this forum are very reliable

Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

Paypal scams post #4
I have my credit cards, bank account, and ebay hooked up to paypal o_O

E

Evan Treacy

Paypal scams post #5
I thought Paypal was there so the buyers wont get scammed ?

jjdetras

jjdetras

Paypal scams post #6
I thought Paypal was there so the buyers wont get scammed ?
Paypal is there so they can steal your money lol. Ive been put $70 in debt before because people have realized how easy it is to scam. All someone has to do is either use a stolen CC or pay with their real CC and report it as stolen and not only will the money sent to you be refunded( probably putting you in debt) but Paypal will also add in a 10$-20$ fee saying it's to cover some of the costs of them having to investigate what happened with the bank. I was forced to pay the fee because my bank account was linked to the Paypal account but after I cleared the issue I immediately stopped using Paypal. It's buyer/seller fees RAPE you especially when you have to add them into ebay's fees. It's just not worth the trouble and their customer service sucks.

JoeCarr

JoeCarr

Paypal scams post #7
All my dealings with paypal have been great, transferring money from the account to my bank, or vice versa, paying online bmx shops or using ebay. To be honest I wouldn't give someone the money unless I was protected by ebay, another site or online shop with address and contact details. :)

R

redwinters85

Paypal scams post #8
If you trust paypal, you might wana rethink it. I just found out that unless you are an ebay member they don't cover you as well as if you are.

Also, I have now read 17 stories on different forums about people claiming they don't get cash or a product. And even with bank PROOF, paypal still says they owe money. They then freeze your account and call you atleast 2 times a week asking for it.

Last, and worst. If you dispute a claim with paypal. Even if you are the one getting scammed. Paypal will trust the story of 1- The older of the 2 parties or 2- The one ith the most, not best, info.

Safest way to NOT get scammed is a postal money order, money gram, or cash sent with signature comfirmation and a contract listing what amount of cash is sent and what is being bought.

Just thought I would share as a friend is now having to spend $5000 on a lawyer to take a guy to court. The guy claims he never got the bike he sold. And paypal THINKS they guys claim is legit, even though my friend has USP info showing it was sent.
you should contact UPS.

M

MATRIX

Paypal scams post #9
you should contact UPS.
He did, and still paypal is telling him he owes money. So, he is taking the guy to court over a 400$ MTB frame. And the lawyer is 5grand. If he didn't go to court it would screw up his credit.

A

aw1234512

Paypal scams post #10
aww man..

Last edited:
MUSICMAN123789

MUSICMAN123789

Paypal scams post #12
Thanks for the post bro

B

Bmxkid0898

Paypal scams post #13
NOT TRUE i just got scammed though money order with someone faking there name and adress

i always go with paypal!

The Radness

The Radness

Paypal scams post #14
My paypal account was actually hacked this past weekend.

They were actually very helpful and easy to get along with. I had 430.00 bucks charged to my account, which I never would have noticed since I hardly use the thing, but the contacted me. The total charges were around 1000.00 but right off the bat they canceled over half of them and then refunded me the 430.00 back to my account.

I even got them to contact my bank to prove the charges were fraudulent so I could get some overdraft fees refunded.

That being said I'm canceling my paypal account as soon as this is all over. Yes it's nice to have, but it wasn't worth the hassle and the fact that I had to borrow money from my parents to cover it all while I waited for my refunds. I haven't had to borrow money from them in like 7 years.

I

ibmxenoughsaid

Paypal scams post #15
thanks for the warning bro

J

jordanmcandrew

Paypal scams post #16
its not about the money in the end its about someone scamming him, id rather spend money getting the scumbag taught a lesson than forgetting about it and not losing any more money

T

termite.

Paypal scams post #17
:lol: This seriously made me lol. So your telling me you trust sending someone cash if you enclose a note with your signature and a written total of the amount of cash sent?? LMFAO. Who are you trying to scam? Everything listed above is the easiest way to get "scammed".

M

MATRIX

Paypal scams post #18
:lol: This seriously made me lol. So your telling me you trust sending someone cash if you enclose a note with your signature and a written total of the amount of cash sent?? LMFAO. Who are you trying to scam? Everything listed above is the easiest way to get "scammed".
Really, so your aware that with a postal money order if someone cashes it they MUST show photo ID? No pic ID, no money, and your safe. Money gram, unless your a fool is ALSO a pic ID required to get the money. Cash, it is 50-50, I hate to send it. However, if I do I make sure I have names, address and 2 phone #'s(check them, online not by calling only). Then, yes I will if needed send cash. The reason is it is FEDERAL.

Any of the above can have federal charges pressed on them. The FBI will hunt the IP of the email/messages, once found even if it was done by someone from a friends...they can track it right to the site the computer that was used(down to the room). Good luck trying to explain that one. And if it was done by someone and you didn't know...you better talk fast, they are not in the mood for a game. Messing with Net fraud, credit fraud, mail fraud all carry serious punishment. Plus fines.

So while you laugh, I have never been scammed with a MO or sending cash. As long as I use a sig confirmation and have the info listed, I am 100% safe. Paypal, if needed to be used, I use a Visa or Master Card gift card. It is loaded with the correct amount of money, so if someone got my info, they can't do anything past the money on that card. And I try to stay below 200 at all times. My ex wife screwed mine up, so I have to pay with a credit card...but it is very helpful seeing my card is only used when I have no option.

T

termite.

Paypal scams post #19
Well thanks for clearing that one up.

07stolenpinch

Paypal scams post #20
i've bought a bong online waited almost 30 days no bon g called bank cargeback the bank contact me the next mornin he staid on the line with me while i talk to a papypal guy they said there investigation was undder way 10 days total thats over 5 day pending for the money to come threw and just checked this morn the money there if i let the bank do it it would of screwed up the paypal name you know so i let them do there shit yes long thime to get mny back but wth i got all of it back now imma buy a 8 arm per with a pecr down stem which is what i really wanted but i didnt think theyd have them.

New Topics