part of masterchain got off

• Discuss part of masterchain got off in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey, a piece of my masterchain got off while grinding. Is this something which can unluckely happen or shouldn't it be possible to grind it off and is... ...
  • Tags bike parts
F

FOL

part of masterchain got off post #1
hey, a piece of my masterchain got off while grinding. Is this something which can unluckely happen or shouldn't it be possible to grind it off and is it, broken or whatever?

And what is the best way to keep it on? (the little plate thing I mean, which is open on 1 side)

O

orangebeast91489

part of masterchain got off post #2
hammers can do wonders to chains :twisted:

F

FOL

part of masterchain got off post #3
it isn't broken, it just got off and I pushed it back on. This time I heard it in time and found the parts back, next time I might not find the piece back, that's why I asked...a hammer probably won't do the trick, thank you :roll: :p

Sjase

Sjase

part of masterchain got off post #4
FOL said:
it isn't broken, it just got off and I pushed it back on. This time I heard it in time and found the parts back, next time I might not find the piece back, that's why I asked...a hammer probably won't do the trick, thank you :roll: :p
What kind of chainlinkage is it? May be better to assemble it with the open side to your wheel. That way it won't come into contact with ledges and stuff. Also check that if the linkage is on the lower side (on its way from your crank to the freewheel) the opening is in such a way that it can't get open because of ledges etc. This means with the opening to the back.

Hope that you understand what I mean.

F

FOL

part of masterchain got off post #5
I got your (good) point :) thanks I'll have a look at it.

old_school_goose

old_school_goose

part of masterchain got off post #6
just buy a whole new chain withour a master link, and if you dont have a chain breaker, get your local bike shop to put the chain on your bike or just buy one.

New Topics