Pantera & Ruben

• Discuss Pantera & Ruben in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Could any of u send me a picture of the Fly bikes pantera frame in Green?? i can only see it in black! Also does anyone have a picture of the... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx
R

Rubenbmx88

Pantera & Ruben post #1
Could any of u send me a picture of the Fly bikes pantera frame in Green?? i can only see it in black!

Also does anyone have a picture of the Macneil Ruben in Grey but a full set up bike not just the frame.

PLease send me a picture or link to a website.

I wanna know coz i have a split decision between which one to get on everthing they are equally as good so i've resorted 2 which one looks nicer now! lol

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Pantera & Ruben post #2
well, both are actually technically quite different, i mean a different cro-mo will have been used (unless they get their materials from the same company...i doubt) they will quite possibly be made in different factories, they have different top tube lengths, different size and thickness dropouts, different weight, different size rear end, different OD downtube, the macneil has a pierced top tube, and the fly is available in a euro bb. are you sure you should choose on the looks rather than what will technically suite you better?

i dont have any pictures, but there MAY be some at http://www.bmx-test.com/ ...... but i dont know.

R

Rubenbmx88

Pantera & Ruben post #3
They both have roughly the same top tube and back end which matters to me but the type of materila used and technical crap i dont care a bout

I

infantry43RIDER

Pantera & Ruben post #4
haha well i think you should worry a little bit about what the bike is made out of...unless you would be happy buying the new and improved tin foil version of the pantera and ruben...

anyways though.
there is a pantera frame in green on this website...
www.staff-bmx.com
you will find it.

i don't know about the ruben...check bikeguide.org forum in the bike gallery.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Pantera & Ruben post #5
hahaha tin foil bikes!, i would love to see a 360 on one of those.

I

infantry43RIDER

Pantera & Ruben post #6
yes.
the front end would be corkscrewed to the backend.

rawkabmx

rawkabmx

Pantera & Ruben post #7
im a bit weary of the Pantera frame, as something that is that light (exact amount? not sure off the top of my head but i think its about 5.7lbs give or take)but not made of a quality light tubing like sanko, true temper or reynolds. i have also heard that the ruben happens to dent quite easily which is quite a bum.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Pantera & Ruben post #8
well, i don't think that the fly would damage to easily after all it still does use 1.2mm downtube and chain stays, and 0.8mm top tube and seat stays.
the reason it is so light is dues to the fact that they have machined out every bit off unnecessary material, eg where the tubes meet the bb. also double butted seat tube, super small dropouts etc. it will not be any weaker than pretty much another Taiwanese made frame (unless they use heat treated tubing, or sanko etc)

rawkabmx

rawkabmx

Pantera & Ruben post #9
it just seems to me that it has too much stuff machined off it, surely if there is enough excess to make it that light and still strong someone else would have done it aswell AND/OR you would see more frames like this.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Pantera & Ruben post #10
well there are several frames like this, in fact pretty much every frame company is now doing it, so prepare to see many more frames like this in the future, cos this is one of the next wave.

D

Deliciouspeed

Pantera & Ruben post #11
I don't like the pantera because it looks like the chainstays would get beat up pretty quickly from grinds. Their like right in the way to get the geometry right to be able to run an ultra small drive train w/ chainstay mounted brakes. I'd use it for dirt only-unless I was getting them for free that is.

R

Rubenbmx88

Pantera & Ruben post #12
Pantera + Ruben

haha funny tin foil! NO. I do look at the material to a certain degree my friend has a ruben and another has a Pantera and i know the strengh and the feel of them form having a go on theirs and i like both so it cums down to colour and my mates have them in Black which is too samey 4 me does any one hav any more pics of Green Pantera's and any of Macneil in grey full set though!

rawkabmx

rawkabmx

Pantera & Ruben post #13
Deliciouspeed said:
I'd use it for dirt only-unless I was getting them for free that is.
it looks like a nice frame for dirt, Very true. all the other frames like this are usually made out of something better than standard 4130, and not made by someone who earns bugger all money in taiwan.

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Pantera & Ruben post #14
I have a pantera frame that I use for anything I can ride and I have had ZERO problems. Very light but I do stuff pretty smooth so I dont know. It's most likely stronger than my old Volume Flatline frame which was about a pound heavier.

I

infantry43RIDER

Pantera & Ruben post #15
yes although the pantera was not designed for dirt...well for obvious reasons...Sergio is not big on the dirt..he rides a lot of street and park and riders when designing frames tend to design for what it will be used on.
but a frame can be used on anything...

D

Deliciouspeed

Pantera & Ruben post #16
Sergio is among the sickest of street riders.

The opinion of the frame expressed was mine alone, based on my riding style. The chain stays on my stricker have a bit of scuffing, with those dimensions I "think/Believe" I would tare them up. So I said I'd ride that for dirt and not street. BTW-I am mainly a dirt rider, but have recently began riding left side pegs and riding more street/park. Not that it matters.

New Topics