Paint Job Help?

• Discuss Paint Job Help? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi can anyone offer some advice about painting the frame of my bike? These are some things i need to know: [b][color=blue]---How to remove stickers... ...
  • Tags bike bmx parts
B

billy_dupee

Paint Job Help? post #1
Hi can anyone offer some advice about painting the frame of my bike?
These are some things i need to know:
---How to remove stickers
---Should i take the parts off my bike or cover them with tape or something?
---The proper method of painting and priming.
---What sort of paint, undercoat other stuff i need buy?

D

DrunkPunk180

Paint Job Help? post #2
u need to sand the bike and u can just sand off the stickers and yes you need to remove every part and get it down to just the frame

B

billy_dupee

Paint Job Help? post #3
I'm not that experianced with bikes but i know how to remove the tyres, but handle bars and other stuff i dont know how to remove. How do i do this?

RuLe

RuLe

Paint Job Help? post #4
un loosen the bolts and take parts off and if u have a 3 piece crank just take off the arms and put tape on the bottom bracket

X Boarder

X Boarder

Paint Job Help? post #5
I believe there is a section in pedal-bmx about painting your bike. I read it once while i was bored.. which is often.. and it seemed really good. Like you can't go wrong with that walkthrough

http://www.pedalbmx.com/modules.php?name=wiki

That should be all you need
Oh the only thing it doesnt have is how to take off parts and sh*t but that stuff is easy just look for what kind of tool it needs, LOOSEN, TAKE OFF, its not that hard man. GL

K

keep it real

Paint Job Help? post #6
just rip your ride apart and take it to a pro to paint makes it look pro... and as for ripping it apart, its not that hard, just make sure you put them on in the order you took 'em off.

B

billy_dupee

Paint Job Help? post #7
Thanks

Thanks guys your suggestions are really appreciated.
:)

B

billy_dupee

Paint Job Help? post #8
Sorry about this but does anyone know anything about painting pegs and if it is hard to do?

R

ridesavolume

Paint Job Help? post #9
theres not really much point but whatever floats your boat eh !?

give em a quick sand down , and i supposed you just spray them with spray paint the colour you want and leave to dry and add a matt varnish ?? but itll prolly just get destroyed stalling and grinding .

New Topics