Other hobbies and sports?

R

rocket

Other hobbies and sports? post #1
well besides bmx, during the winter (snow season here) i recently took up snowboarding. its so damn fun and i love it! if youve never been snowboarding you gotta try it out at least once.
i also love shooting guns :twisted: , playing guitar, off-roading, and dirtbikes.
how bout you?

I

infantry43RIDER

Other hobbies and sports? post #2
photography and uh lacrosse.
in the winter i do enjoy snoracers though.

F

federal_rider12

Other hobbies and sports? post #3
skateboarding, working on cars, waterski(didnt get to try wakeboarding), skimboarding( want to do that again but can only do it at lakes with beaches because of no oceans and no waves :( ) photography, and designing graphics for me and my friends new company that we want to get rolling

C

cpb rider

Other hobbies and sports? post #4
During winter I ride snowboard. I write articles to an ezine and I'm a member of knight's brotherood :D take a look at the photos:

what do you guys think of it? :D

E

EPMD

Other hobbies and sports? post #5
Cool :D

hockey, snowboarding, dirt biking.. uhh i think thats about it.. i play other sports with my friends just for fun.. lacrosse is one thing there

I

infantry43RIDER

Other hobbies and sports? post #6
those are reinactments right? ha damn that is really awesome.

E

EPMD

Other hobbies and sports? post #7
yeah ahha you look at the arrow tips.. little rubber guards.. used for shooting mice and ducks and shit

X

XIII

Other hobbies and sports? post #8
i don't do anything but play my guitar :rock:

S

sentaafEQpovar

Other hobbies and sports? post #9
HOLY **** THOSE RE ENACTMENTS LOOK ****ING PIMP

OMFG I WANNA DO THAT

looks expensive as **** too

O

oibmxpunx

Other hobbies and sports? post #10
go some where worm to ride im going to FL soon and skate parks

F

FOL

Other hobbies and sports? post #11
I'm taking up muay thai/kickboxing today :p

C

cpb rider

Other hobbies and sports? post #12
EPMD said:
yeah ahha you look at the arrow tips.. little rubber guards.. used for shooting mice and ducks and shit
you didn't want to get a hit with such arrow, even if it is covered with this rubber guards. anyway last time such arrow hit a guy in his cheek and went through it. so it isn't that safe..

sentaafEQpovar said:
looks expensive as f*ck too
yeap, it's very expensive. whole armour costs about 1000$ but if you want to be armed like guys in the early medieval it costs 250$

infantry43RIDER said:
those are reinactments right? ha damn that is really awesome.
those are reinactments, that photos are from the battle of grunwald/tannenberg maybe you heard about it at your history classes. this reinactment is every year, to remind people that such battle took place. it's terrific, people from round the europe go there to have a fun and fight. about 400 knights and foot soldiers fight there.

but we have a battles where we fight for real, you can do everything except thrusts....of course swords, axes, etc. are not sharp :D :wink:

S

sentaafEQpovar

Other hobbies and sports? post #13
thrust are like a stabbing motion, right?

****, i tried to make my own ghetto armor once, a bigass mallet, football gear, hicken wire and helmet and a pladed skirt and shit and i chased some dude at the school bustop

thats so awasome... i had no idea they actually shoot the arrowsm, sounds scary as ****

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Other hobbies and sports? post #14
so what happens if you "die" in a reinactment. i dont mean REALLY die, just when you die IN the reinactment, do you have to go and sit on the side lines?

C

cpb rider

Other hobbies and sports? post #15
sentaafEQpovar said:
thrust are like a stabbing motion, right?

f*ck, i tried to make my own ghetto armor once, a bigass mallet, football gear, hicken wire and helmet and a pladed skirt and shit and i chased some dude at the school bustop
yes, it is like a stabbing motion. what did that dude do?

Mr_Shrapnel said:
so what happens if you "die" in a reinactment. i dont mean REALLY die, just when you die IN the reinactment, do you have to go and sit on the side lines?
if you die in a reinactment like this in photos, you must lay on the ground as long as the battle lasts. but if it is battle called 'bochurt', it is when we fight for real, when it is really hard, you fight as long as you can.

in a reinactments we also fight for real but comparing this two, reinactment is lighter, easier...you know.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Other hobbies and sports? post #16
isnt the REALLY dangerous, as in fighting for real, i mean weilding axes and maces? surely people die right? even if they are not sharp.

C

cpb rider

Other hobbies and sports? post #17
Mr_Shrapnel said:
isnt the REALLY dangerous, as in fighting for real, i mean weilding axes and maces? surely people die right? even if they are not sharp.
I really haven't heard that someone die during battle. concussions, broken bones or cuts happen but not deaths. there are always ambulances around the battle field and if it is a really serious damage a medical helicopter is always in the nearby.

but everyone has really good armours. starting with some kind of really thick jacket [like in medieval] ending with full armour. look at guys in the photos, they have a really good protection.

and if you fall on the ground no one will finish you off. you're just 'dead' laying on the ground.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Other hobbies and sports? post #18
are there anythings considered chaep shots, like hitting sum1 in the face with a mace, or bashing the back their legs with your boots?

C

cpb rider

Other hobbies and sports? post #20
sentaafEQpovar said:
are there anythings considered chaep shots, like hitting sum1 in the face with a mace, or bashing the back their legs with your boots?
it really difficult to hit someone who knows how to fight. anyway, you have your head well protected. first you wear some kind of protecting beanie it looks like an old astronaut cap, very thick - it's basic protection, then you wear a chainmail - it protects your head and neck, and finally you wear your helmet made of 1.5 or 2mm thick steel.

New Topics