Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯

• Discuss Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ in the Dirt Jumping forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey guys, I found a spot that looks like it may be an ok spot to build a few jumps and stuff, but one of the things that makes me hesitant is that... ...
aldrix

aldrix

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #1
Hey guys, I found a spot that looks like it may be an ok spot to build a few jumps and stuff, but one of the things that makes me hesitant is that there are just a couple trees (2-3) with orange and white ribbons attached to them near the entrance to the area. It looks like some people may have hung out there at some point (there's some old looking lawn chairs off in the distance and ... a mattress - ewww), but other than that, no signs of anything else going on there.

For context, the location is in the woods near those little cement water runoff paths that they put by housing developments, in case that makes a difference. There can't really be any hunting going on there due to the proximity of that area to roads, houses etc.

I googled orange and white ribbons, ties, even paint etc on trees in every way I could think of and got nothing, just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas, have you seen this before? Maybe it was just some random people putting them there, I'd just rather not build if it's something that's gonna be a construction site or something.

bike ryder

bike ryder

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #2
maybe for hunting territory ?

D

dynodude

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #3
it's most likely not the city, they tend to use signs.

J

jawn

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #4
Rotten & potentially dangerous perhaps?

aldrix

aldrix

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #5
it's most likely not the city, they tend to use signs.
Yeah, that's true huh. Thanks :)

Rotten & potentially dangerous perhaps?
Hmm ... I'll have to take another look next time I get out there and see. That seems possible. I know I found that orange paint on a tree may mean it's marked to be cut down, so maybe they used this instead? Thanks.

skeleton

skeleton

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #6
well when I go up to showlow theres blue and some other color I forgot ribin on thees and it means that they are goin to cut them down

D

Diamondback123

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #7
in aus if theres nething like ribbons usally means 10-80 poisons for foxes rabits just means dont take your dog in there!!!

S

Summer of Fit

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #8
it means that the town is taking the trees down to build houses, buildings, condos, etc. there... I know because it happened tp a spot that i use to build at. so save yourself the wasted time and find a different spot lol.

aldrix

aldrix

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #9
it means that the town is taking the trees down to build houses, buildings, condos, etc. there... I know because it happened tp a spot that i use to build at. so save yourself the wasted time and find a different spot lol.
Hmm ... this may be right actually. There's a sign on the other side of the woods that I saw when checking it out again saying "Coming soon ... blah blah convenience center". So .. yeah. But ... well, that sign's been there for many a year as evident from the fading that's happened to it. I think I remember hearing they canceled the project from the maintenance guys. I'll check around for a different place and cautiously use it as a last resort.
Thanks!

F

flowerpower

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #10
i got shot in one of these areas in the head it hurt i got a head ache and went home

Lemontime

Lemontime

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #11
From memory orange tags mean marked for levelling, but I may be wrong.

H

Hermes

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #12
ya be careful and dont play with the mattress......

aldrix

aldrix

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #13
ya be careful and dont play with the mattress......
Yeah, that thing sketched me out ... just ewk :eek: But my proposed build spot is not near it at least.

Mankind210

Mankind210

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #14
they are property line marks. and the land is probly owned by the company that owns the development. or they are someones woods.

iwantaninertia

iwantaninertia

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #15
I use orange paint and ribbons to mark my trails but if there is no trail present already and there is a new development in the area then it is probably going to get clear cut...

T

turndown101

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #16
maybe there was a party there and people still left up the decorations!

H

harorider

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #17
haha. great post.. +rep to turndown

A

AustinKO

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #18
its either the property line. or they are going to claer it or someone marked there way to get to somewhere most likly its a property line.

V

VancouverKEN

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #19
That's a future construction site! Dont build there, it's a waste of your time. They might not start construction soon but they will.Most of the time they use orange ribbons to mark were there property is. Or they are used for reference as to were property pins go(Little metal rods underground with a yellow cap on them). There meant to mark house properties so when people try to say there neighbor is building on there property there is proof haha.

M

MATRIX

Orange & White ribbons on trees? ¯\(o_º)/¯ post #20
Hey guys, I found a spot that looks like it may be an ok spot to build a few jumps and stuff, but one of the things that makes me hesitant is that there are just a couple trees (2-3) with orange and white ribbons attached to them near the entrance to the area. It looks like some people may have hung out there at some point (there's some old looking lawn chairs off in the distance and ... a mattress - ewww), but other than that, no signs of anything else going on there.

For context, the location is in the woods near those little cement water runoff paths that they put by housing developments, in case that makes a difference. There can't really be any hunting going on there due to the proximity of that area to roads, houses etc.

I googled orange and white ribbons, ties, even paint etc on trees in every way I could think of and got nothing, just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas, have you seen this before? Maybe it was just some random people putting them there, I'd just rather not build if it's something that's gonna be a construction site or something.
Orange normally is cut them down.

New Topics