One Piece Cranks => => 3 Piece Cranks ?

• Discuss One Piece Cranks => => 3 Piece Cranks ? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi, on my bike i have these really crap one piece cranks and i wana change to 3 piece. Today i was lookin at my cranks and couldn't figure out how to... ...
  • Tags bike cranks gt
B

billy_dupee

One Piece Cranks => => 3 Piece Cranks ? post #1
Hi, on my bike i have these really crap one piece cranks and i wana change to 3 piece. Today i was lookin at my cranks and couldn't figure out how to remove them when i get my 3 piece cranks. So how do i do this?

Please Help :twisted:

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

One Piece Cranks => => 3 Piece Cranks ? post #2
Sjase

Sjase

One Piece Cranks => => 3 Piece Cranks ? post #3
@:::BMXdevil:::@ said:
there's an help topic at www.dragonfly.de
The link to the one-piece help section on that site doesn't work :( . But it's really simple. First you got to take of the pedals and get the chain off the chainring. Then On the non-drive side (usually the left side) you release the first bolt, then you can screw the second bolt loose which is in fact the innercup and get it off the crank. now you can remove the crank by twisting it a bit when you take it out (so the non drive side goes through the bottombracket). After that you can take off the other inner cup from the crank which also holds the chainring.
Now you're ready to remove the cups from your frame. You can do this by gently hitting the cups from within the frame with the back of a screwdriver or something alike and a hammer, so the right framecup from the left side and the left cup from the right side. Be sure to get them out straight, you can do this by hitting on several places of the framecup. Now all the one-piece stuff is of your bike and after cleaning the inside of the bb tube you're ready to install your brandnew three-piece crank.
Don't forget to use bearingrease of special anti-squeek paste when you assemble the new frame cups to prevent squeeking.

Hope you understand this manual and good luck with (dis)assembling.

New Topics