old school mag cleaning

• Discuss old school mag cleaning in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i have 2 sets of old school gt mags. they are white in color and my 2 boys are just starting to get into bmx. does anyone have any ideas on how to... ...
O

oldschoolmike

old school mag cleaning post #1
i have 2 sets of old school gt mags. they are white in color and my 2 boys are just starting to get into bmx. does anyone have any ideas on how to clean them up and get them 2 look new again? i tried wesleys tire white and it helped some but not that much. any help will be greately appreciated . thanks mike:clap:

FOXBMX

FOXBMX

old school mag cleaning post #2
no need for 2 threads...

O

oldschoolmike

old school mag cleaning post #3
sorry i didnt see the old school section when i posted it,,

StandardRidr250s

StandardRidr250s

old school mag cleaning post #4
u want to get ur tires white?

FOXBMX

FOXBMX

old school mag cleaning post #5
its all good...just ask a mod to move it next time...they will help....and sorry i couldnt help with your problem cleaning the mags....i had this same problem a year or so back.

dirtrider4life

dirtrider4life

old school mag cleaning post #6
bleach

S

sm1thson

old school mag cleaning post #7
jetwash?

O

oldstreetthrasher

old school mag cleaning post #8
I've been riding since '87 and I restore old school bikes, so I know how to do it. Disassemble the wheel and soak it in bleach, then use rubber gloves and a stiff bristle brush to scrub the grime off. Works incredibly well. You may need to take sandpaper to the braking surfaces to get the old pad residue off.

New Topics