Old Newbie...

• Discuss Old Newbie... in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Just bought my first BMX at the grand old age of 28 (well, 29 next week) and was wondering if there was anyone else here who started at this age or later? ...
  • Tags bmx
D

Dabnorfish

Old Newbie... post #1
Just bought my first BMX at the grand old age of 28 (well, 29 next week) and was wondering if there was anyone else here who started at this age or later?

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Old Newbie... post #2
well not myself personally, but i know iof people that have. if your worried about being to old or something, then dont, anyone (as long as they are physically able) no their age can start riding whenever they want. have fun man, im sure you will.

I

infantry43RIDER

Old Newbie... post #3
*cough* trimix...
has recently started up again..heheh

D

Dabnorfish

Old Newbie... post #4
Wasn't worried about my age so much as curious. Figured it'd be a fun way to stay (get?) into shape and gain some cool new scars.

B

bruisedbob

Old Newbie... post #6
I'll be 32 in two days. Started in November and riding is just now getting fun. So stay with it.

old_school_goose

old_school_goose

Old Newbie... post #7
in my opinion bmx'ing is a good way to stay in shape. if you ride for maybe 2 hours without resting (i.e. going ot mcdonalds or something), you can work up a sweat. especially riding around a skate park fo awhile.

T

Trimix

Old Newbie... post #8
infantry43RIDER said:
*cough* trimix...
has recently started up again..heheh
LMAO....that made my day man :clap:

I started riding 9 months ago Dabnorfish, I'm 38 :roll:

I

infantry43RIDER

Old Newbie... post #9
no big deal trimix...38 years young remember?

N

No Fear :: AMZ ::

Old Newbie... post #10
BMX dont have a start age or something like that, if a guy with 50 years old wants start riding, he can like a 10 years old boy... :)

Its only will force

D

Dabnorfish

Old Newbie... post #11
OK, I'm now 29 and I got my bike. Shame I'm at work though...

C

casperh

Old Newbie... post #12
i now a guy of 11 and he can do a squeakers of about 50 meters long and he can do like all flatland shit, btw if you look at the results of braun flatground 2004 you can see that bram verhalllen, a dutch boy became 2nd or 3d in the amateur finals and well.. huh oh it was about old guys

sorry

D

Dabnorfish

Old Newbie... post #13
Grrr... you trying to mock me, you young whippersnapper? If I was half the age I am now, I'd come over ther and give you a damn good hiding. I didn't fight in 5 World Wars to have the likes of you causing a menace. Bring back birching is all I can say. NURSE!

Spanky Mchootinany

Spanky Mchootinany

Old Newbie... post #14
Good to hear

I'm thinking about getting back on my bike after a decade. I'm 31 now. I still have my old bike (a 87 Dyno Pro Comp). I'm kinda sentimental about it so I'm going to get a new bike.
I'll have to show this thread to my girlfriend, she thinks I'm frickin' nuts.

D

Dabnorfish

Old Newbie... post #15
I am a fine upstanding pillar of society, so just use me as an example :lol:

F

FOL

Old Newbie... post #16
casperh said:
if you look at the results of braun flatground 2004 you can see that bram verhalllen, a dutch boy became 2nd or 3d in the amateur finals and well..
He became third. YEah show your girlfriend...

HE IS OLD, DON'T LET HIM RIDE, HE'LL BREAK HIS OLD BONES AND YOU CAN'T HAVE SEX FOR A WEEK COS OF IT.

Just kidding man, do whatever you like as long as your body can do it, and don't think to quick you are physically to old for it.

D

Dabnorfish

Old Newbie... post #17
Took my bike out for the 1st time last night. I seem to have lost all sense of balance and stamina (even though I walk several miles a day to work and back). Also found out it's definitely time to quit smoking (and probably cut down on drinking a bit)...

New Topics