ok... what the hell?

• Discuss ok... what the hell? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; so i got my new odyssey wombolts and kink sound sprocket today. the manual says the first installation step is to install the sprocket. i slide the... ...
Patrickk

Patrickk

ok... what the hell? post #1
so i got my new odyssey wombolts and kink sound sprocket today. the manual says the first installation step is to install the sprocket. i slide the sprocket on and when i tighten the drive bolt it makes the sprocket crooked and allign with the crank arm. when its loose and just barely sitting in the sprocket its straight and in line with the spindle. when i go to tighten it goes back to being in line with the crank arm. is there something i'm doing wrong? thanks.

~ Patrick

A

AJIorio

ok... what the hell? post #2
Haha, The sprocket bolt does not have to be tightened all the way down. It stops forward and backward movement, not side to side. When you tighten down your crank arms, that should stop the side to side movement in your sprocket.

Patrickk

Patrickk

ok... what the hell? post #3
rep for you!

thanks i always thought it had to be tightened all the way...
now it's all clarified!

mmm fit bikes

mmm fit bikes

ok... what the hell? post #4
and it says in the instructions that came with the cranks to thread the bolt in a bit then hammer the sproket onto the the spindle
once thats done you can tighten the locator bolt
need to read the instructions....

Patrickk

Patrickk

ok... what the hell? post #5
i did read the instructions.
i guess i didn't knock it in all the way cuz it keep coming out everytime i tightened the bolt.

New Topics