odyssey hazard lite

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

odyssey hazard lite post #1
whats the weight in kg for the hazard lite rims
and do you have any probs with the tires or sumthin
at bmx-test.com etc i saw some people hav probs with them and i wanna know if theyre good i want to buy this one instead of the sun 4 play or do you recommend the 4 plays or the odyssey

O

oibmxpunx

odyssey hazard lite post #2
i would say odyssey are beter then sun i have a odyssey 7k in back and a sun bfr in front

@

odyssey hazard lite post #3
ok someone else does run the hazard lites

ak_freebird

ak_freebird

odyssey hazard lite post #4
I have the lite for my back rim and it works great. No problems so far. I also have a hazzard up front also.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

odyssey hazard lite post #5
the weight for the hazard lite between 480-510 depending upon whether you get chrome or black.
i have the hazard lite, and they are very good, but what i was saying about having a problem getting the tires on and off was not just about the hazard lite, it was about tall rims in general, for example sun 4-plays (tall rim), no matter who the rims are made by, if they are tall you will have a problem getting tires on and off. so i would recommend using, a low wall rim like a sun big city, or araya x7 if you want something lighter. the hazard lite is a very good rim, but it will be the first and last tall rim i buy.

X

XIII

odyssey hazard lite post #6
I think those 7AK or 7KA ... i forgot... look really cool

F

federal_rider12

odyssey hazard lite post #7
4-plays definitely. no probs with them ever. only problem would be removing tires, its going to be a bit hard but not too hard and putting a tire on is like butter. i didnt even need a lever to put the last bit of tire on. definitely go with the 4-play

also my tire isnt no bendable sidwall tire its the maxxis ringworm and it just slide right onto the rim without any trouble

O

oibmxpunx

odyssey hazard lite post #8
XIII said:
7ka there just the 7k made the right way cuz the first time thay made them wrong but no problems with my 7k :D

@

odyssey hazard lite post #9
federal_rider12 said:
4-plays definitely. no probs with them ever. only problem would be removing tires, its going to be a bit hard but not too hard and putting a tire on is like butter. i didnt even need a lever to put the last bit of tire on. definitely go with the 4-play

also my tire isnt no bendable sidwall tire its the maxxis ringworm and it just slide right onto the rim without any trouble
does it make difference what tires you have hmm
i got some kenda tires but im going to buy the maxxis tires i think , then
would this make difference ?
:?

F

federal_rider12

odyssey hazard lite post #10
what kind of kenda? i had a kenda kikzumbut, and i didnt really have problems putting them on my demolition wheel and this maxxis ringworm is stiffer and thicker then what that was and it just slide right on without a tool. i mean still you needed to like pull on a little at a time at the end, but the last time i was ever able to just put tires on with my hands(with not alot of strain) was when i first got my demolition wheelset and put my holy roller tire on it(2 years and it hasnt been taking off once!!! now thats a quality tire getting pretty worn down though but 2 years off riding is amazing!!!) i dont know if the tires will make a difference but man it was cake to put the ringworm on the 4-play rim

@

odyssey hazard lite post #11
o i have a kenda k-rad,and a kontakt

F

federal_rider12

odyssey hazard lite post #13
oh man those tires should be so much easier then the ringworm to get on(especially the k-rad) and i had no trouble with my ringworm. it was like putting a tire on a very low wall singlewalled rim it was cake

ive put kontacts on my friends bike and they seem easy enough to get on, and i put that tire on in a bike shop so i wanted to get done quickly so i could get out and ride asap. hardest part about the whoel thing was trying to put in the tube straight(i put one lip of my tire on first then slide in the tube) it was tight and the valve neck fits snuggly into the hole(get it down far enough then put on a valve cap and pull it down it wont come out too far because the inner walls are pretty tall)

@

odyssey hazard lite post #14
aa thanx for all the info :D

X

XIII

odyssey hazard lite post #15
oibmxpunx said:
XIII said:
7ka there just the 7k made the right way cuz the first time thay made them wrong but no problems with my 7k :D
I know... they just connected the inner wall to the outer wall

old...

new...

P

piercerides

odyssey hazard lite post #16
hey im gettin some new rims tommoro what kind should i get quick!

M

Mr_Shrapnel

odyssey hazard lite post #17
its depends what you want. strength?, light weight?, cheap, low wall? chrome? rider owned? we need info people!

@

odyssey hazard lite post #18
what rim is stronger the primo hulahoop or the odyssey hazard lite?
:?

L

leon_luxton

odyssey hazard lite post #19
i would say the hazard rim..nutting better then them rims man

F

federal_rider12

odyssey hazard lite post #20
sun rims are better, been around for a long time! also demolitions are better :D

New Topics