Odyssey GI forks

• Discuss Odyssey GI forks in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i know theres loads of hype about the odyssey 41 thermal forks, but when i was looking at them the other day i saw some odyssey GI forks aswell, but i... ...
  • Tags dirt
F

FT rider

Odyssey GI forks post #1
i know theres loads of hype about the odyssey 41 thermal forks, but when i was looking at them the other day i saw some odyssey GI forks aswell, but i cant find any specs of them or any reviews, so i was wondering, are they heavy, any body know what they weigh? and are they at all strong?

I

infantry43RIDER

Odyssey GI forks post #2
the G.I. forks are just odyssey chromoly forks.
they are fine...just like every other chromo fork out there.
they are NOT guarrenteed for life however.

F

FT rider

Odyssey GI forks post #3
how much do they weigh?coz i dont want to make my front end too heavy

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Odyssey GI forks post #4
im not too sure how much they weigh but it will be simelar to the 41 dirt forks as the tube thickness is about the same. they will be a couple of oz heavier i guess. they seem to be good, quite strong, nice geometry, good weight, and cheap.

R

rocket

Odyssey GI forks post #5
FT rider said:
how much do they weigh?coz i dont want to make my front end too heavy
Ill find out by tomarrow (maybe today) and let you know what Odyssey says.

I

infantry43RIDER

Odyssey GI forks post #6
i checked the odyssey website and it does say about the weight.
but like shrapnel said...they will just be a few oz more than the 41 thermal dirts or whatever.

R

rocket

Odyssey GI forks post #7
Odyssey finally emailed me back..... the GI forks are 3 lbs. (thats 3oz. more than the pro dirt forks)

I

infantry43RIDER

Odyssey GI forks post #8
not bad not bad.

F

FT rider

Odyssey GI forks post #9
thanks v much i emailed them to but the said they did not know so. thanx very much

F

FT rider

Odyssey GI forks post #10
so do you reckon i should buy them over the dirt forks saving £30?meaning i can get new pedals or move down a sprocket size so i can finally be 39-14 not 44-14 as i am now?

I

infantry43RIDER

Odyssey GI forks post #11
if you want to save 30 then i would say get them.
they are just as strong as the dirts just a little heavier..but don't worry about that...i would say get them.

F

FT rider

Odyssey GI forks post #12
yeh i think i will and a nice new chainwheel too anyway thanks and it doesnt matter about the weight its still gonna b a lot lighter than my old finally dead volumes

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Odyssey GI forks post #13
yep, that is true.

F

FT rider

Odyssey GI forks post #14
so people reckon i should get them?

I

infantry43RIDER

Odyssey GI forks post #15
yup...definitly just go for it.