Odyssey Evolver user manual?

• Discuss Odyssey Evolver user manual? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi, I recently bought a Mosh Bikes brass 4 star...it has odyssey evolver brakes and dia tech 77 levers standard. The shop said that there was no... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx bmx bike manual mosh bikes parts shop
G

geremy

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #1
Hi,

I recently bought a Mosh Bikes brass 4 star...it has odyssey evolver brakes and dia tech 77 levers standard. The shop said that there was no manual or anything for the brakes in the box so I was wondering if anyone knows where I can download something like a PDF file from?

Thanks.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #2
no i dont off hand, but if you ask odyssey then you wil probably help you, but if you are having a problem, why not ask in the forum, im sure that somebody will be able to help you.

(odysseys web site: http://www.odysseybmx.com/ )

G

geremy

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #3
I'm not having a problem I would just like know about all the adjustments and such.

Thanks ;)

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #4
ok, then you best bet is to ask odyssey, if they dont have a manual, then nobody will. either phone them or e-mail them.

F

federal_rider12

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #5
i just gotta ask u somethin y do u need a manual for them? and every complete ive seen never comes with manuals for parts thats on them ive just seen an overall manual tellin u about the bike(mostly retarded stuff)

G

geremy

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #6
Well, I don't want to mess anything up.

The shop I bought the bike from (jrbicycles.com) gave me the mosh user manual (which had absolutely nothing about the bike in it, only about mountain bikes and stuff) and some stickers. They said that there was no other manuals in the box.

The also neglected to tell me that the box came with two sets of upper brakelines (odyssey slicks and dragonfly geminis), they installed the odyssey and then I called them and they said "oh yea we have those dragonfly ones here in the shop, if you want them come pick them up, we just installed the other ones". I asked them again if anything else came in the box, and they said no.

But I can't really complain, because the brass 4 star is a $600 bike that they are selling for $299...

I will contact odyssey I guess...thanks guys

F

federal_rider12

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #7
ur talkin bout a gyro when u say 2 upper cables dont u? but yeah u gotta expect that u only get a manual for the bike itself which contains nothin but what parts r called and where they r located and how to ride and not to ride without a helmet or at nite, but the bike sounds like it is disassembled is it? if it is from what im hearin,bout the brakes in all, i think u better take it to a shop and have them put it together to ensure everythin works properly

G

geremy

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #8
No they assembled it for me. I just need to adjust the brakes because they aren't working that great and squeak like hell. I'm a 'larger' (5'10" 215) rider and so need all the braking I can get!

I figure I can do all the maintenance on my motorcycles a bmx bike should be no sweat!

F

federal_rider12

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #9
well if it squeaks it is bout 98% of the time not goin to be the brakes itll be the brake pads they could be soiled or the rims could be soiled--sand the pads and wipe the rims down with rubbin alcohol

G

geremy

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #10
Hey, I just did that. The pads were just too new. I'd have thought that the shop would have sanded them or something but no.

Anyway, now with the sanded pads and clean rims, plus the dragonfly gemini cables that I put on earlier, the brakes actually work now! I can lock up either wheel with one finger.

Thanks for your help :D

X

XIII

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #11
most parts dont have manuals

I

infantry43RIDER

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #12
yea but brakes and cranks do.

X

XIII

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #13
my cranks didn't. DK Chop Stix

I

infantry43RIDER

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #14
oh damn.
my bad...my profiles did though.

X

XIII

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #15
oh...by the way infantry, what kinda ike do you have? got pics?

F

federal_rider12

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #16
thats good to hear ur brakes r workin now

oh yeah my cranks didnt come with a manual and the only part i bought that did was my fiest brake upgrade which really wasnt a manual

I

infantry43RIDER

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #17
XIII said:
i have 2 now actually...i know that might seem like im spoiled or some shit but how can you pass up an opportunity to buy a WTP four seasons frame for 10 bucks?
the dude just wanted to get ride of it...he went ghetto and now hates BMX...

anyways...i have pictures of my 4 seasons...but non of my Mutiny..ill get some of though and post them both when i can.

i think i listed a parts list for the mutiny somewhere on these forums.

E

EPMD

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #18
infantry43RIDER said:
XIII said:
i have 2 now actually...i know that might seem like im spoiled or some shit but how can you pass up an opportunity to buy a WTP four seasons frame for 10 bucks?
the dude just wanted to get ride of it...he went ghetto and now hates BMX...

anyways...i have pictures of my 4 seasons...but non of my Mutiny..ill get some of though and post them both when i can.

i think i listed a parts list for the mutiny somewhere on these forums.
thats pretty cool to get a frame for 10 bucks..

I

infantry43RIDER

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #19
yea i know....he really hates bmx now....he does to many drugs i think thats why...so he sold it to me.

E

EPMD

Odyssey Evolver user manual? post #20
yeah thats my plan.. some of the older guys are probably gonna quit sometime soon so im probably gonna buy some parts off them

New Topics