Odyssey Evolver Brakes and Odyssey Rims

• Discuss Odyssey Evolver Brakes and Odyssey Rims in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi, I have the evolver brake with the 1x4 pads and the hazzard lite chrome rims. I'm wondering why the pads squeel so bad. They catch on the rim so bad... ...
K

knucklebusta

Odyssey Evolver Brakes and Odyssey Rims post #1
Hi, I have the evolver brake with the 1x4 pads and the hazzard lite chrome rims. I'm wondering why the pads squeel so bad. They catch on the rim so bad that they actually flipped my pads around and knocked one off my bike. I even tried sanding the pads down a little. I tried the stock dia comp pads and they don't squeel. Is this just a bad mix, the evolver 1x4 pads with the hazzard lite rims?

Knuckle

S

SR20DET

Odyssey Evolver Brakes and Odyssey Rims post #2
try either buying new pads or keep the stock ones on.

K

keep it real

Odyssey Evolver Brakes and Odyssey Rims post #3
Dude, its got nothing to do with what sort of pads you got, its how you got them ajusted. You pads are most likley hitting the rim flat || Kinda that that, but you pads should be hitting on a slight angle so the front of the pad hits first like / \ except not on as much of an angle.... and if you pads are ajusted properly you would have no cunt ass noise with better braking performance.

Clutch

Clutch

Odyssey Evolver Brakes and Odyssey Rims post #4
keep it real said:
Dude, its got nothing to do with what sort of pads you got, its how you got them ajusted. You pads are most likley hitting the rim flat || Kinda that that, but you pads should be hitting on a slight angle so the front of the pad hits first like / \ except not on as much of an angle.... and if you pads are ajusted properly you would have no cunt ass noise with better braking performance.

D

Deliciouspeed

Odyssey Evolver Brakes and Odyssey Rims post #5
Those pads dont work well on chrome rims.

Clutch

Clutch

Odyssey Evolver Brakes and Odyssey Rims post #6
Deliciouspeed said:
Those pads dont work well on chrome rims.
I have chrome rims and they work fine for me...

D

Deliciouspeed

Odyssey Evolver Brakes and Odyssey Rims post #7
Ok their ok, but their loud and not that great. I just have some reg all season kool stop pads. They work very well and only make a low rubber on rubber sound, not unpleasant. So I'm not being totally prissy about just sound.

New Topics