Odyssey 11t driver help

• Discuss Odyssey 11t driver help in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; So, i picked up a new wheel, and it had an odyssey 11t driver already installed... the wheel is a mosh digital cassette hub laced to a big city... ...
  • Tags dirt
D

Dirty

Odyssey 11t driver help post #1
So, i picked up a new wheel, and it had an odyssey 11t driver already installed...

the wheel is a mosh digital cassette hub laced to a big city.

the previous owner bought it, got injured before using it, so now its mine...
anyway, he put an odyssey 11t on piece driver in it. Now when its basically locked into place, i cant really spin it backwards. I have no experience with drivers so i dont know how they work really. I tried loosening the locknuts on each side of the hub, and that lets me spin the driver backwards. also, i cant removed the driver...
any help here is appreciated.

R

rocket

Odyssey 11t driver help post #2
i have the same driver. first off the one peice driver sits inside the hub...it has 3 pawls that lock onto/into the hub when pedaling...when going backwards, the pawls collapse, letting your cranks spin freely.
to take it off you just have to pull on it really hard...be careful if you have to pry it. if you having problems with it spinning backwards...just make sure your lock nuts on the axel are not too tight...if it still dont work then take it off, clean it, put some teflon oil (just a little bit) on the pawls and then try it out.

D

Dirty

Odyssey 11t driver help post #3
so no grease in there?
just some teflon oil?
im not used to only having 1 locknot on the drive side...just gettin into dealing with bmx parts...usually ill just ride them...
how do i get them adjusted properly? like, with MTB hubs, you have two locknuts on each side, so you can tighten each side against something...
i dont neeeeed to take it off, but i was just curious how to do it.

O

oibmxpunx

Odyssey 11t driver help post #4
do u have a 30t sprocket??

D

Dirty

Odyssey 11t driver help post #5
yes...but what difference does that make...?

O

oibmxpunx

Odyssey 11t driver help post #6
i was just checking

D

Dirty

Odyssey 11t driver help post #7
alright...wanna give any advice on the question?

R

rocket

Odyssey 11t driver help post #8
Dirty said:
well i just told you you how to take it off.

you dont need grease...if you put grease in it, thats even worse.....and you shouldnt even need oil....my driver is bone dry....but you said your driver dont spin or turn freely....so if it dont, take it apart, slightly lube it, and put it back together. A cassette hub with a 1 peice driver only has a lock nut on each side of the hub (on the axel) so if its not spinning like it should then its either too tight or the driver you have is not made for that hub. A 1 peice driver is the best you can get, so if its not working then in your case then theres something seriously wrong...so its up to you to fix it

what exactly do you want to know???

O

oibmxpunx

Odyssey 11t driver help post #9
icerocket said:
Dirty said:
well i just told you you how to take it off.

you dont need grease...if you put grease in it, thats even worse.....and you shouldnt even need oil....my driver is bone dry....but you said your driver dont spin or turn freely....so if it dont, take it apart, slightly lube it, and put it back together. A cassette hub with a 1 peice driver only has a lock nut on each side of the hub (on the axel) so if its not spinning like it should then its either too tight or the driver you have is not made for that hub. A 1 peice driver is the best you can get, so if its not working then in your case then theres something seriously wrong...so its up to you to fix it

what exactly do you want to know???
the odyssey 1 peice driver will fit haro and mosh cassette hubs

yeah mine is bone dry to maybe ur chain is to tight

D

Dirty

Odyssey 11t driver help post #10
it wont come off...even wtih a lot of tugging

O

oibmxpunx

Odyssey 11t driver help post #11
it sounds like its like jammed or some thing do u have a chain whip? if u do try to spin it driver and like pull up on it

what i think could have happen when the kid was puting it on it woldent just slid on so he hit it with a hammer to get it on and one of the paws or some thing twisted so now its jammed and traring up the in side of the hub cuz when i was puting on my driver it did not slid on like there supost to so i had to like play with it for like 20mins to get it on it was a b*tch

D

Dirty

Odyssey 11t driver help post #12
no, ive had the axle all the way out, and the driver moves a freely with about 5mm on the axle, and you cant get it further...
its not like jammed to the axle where it doesnt move completely...
i think it was just a locknut problem initially, in that they were too tight so it couldnt spin at all...
and this removal problem is less of a problem because i dont really want to change it...i was just curious why it wouldnt come off easily like people say...

O

oibmxpunx

Odyssey 11t driver help post #13
o ok im not shour then sorry man

New Topics