No one would answer

• Discuss No one would answer in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [quote="Tdadd, post: 2025293"]I'm a lighter rider (135lbs) and the 7ka's seem like really heavy rims.. is there any rims that are lighter, a little... ...
Tdadd

Tdadd

No one would answer post #1
I'm a lighter rider (135lbs) and the 7ka's seem like really heavy rims.. is there any rims that are lighter, a little less beefy but still good, and possibly a bit cheaper? I don't think a 7ka is right for me. Also, for the back hub, in "PROFILE 3/8" MINI CASSETTE HUB" what is the 3/8 for? Can't seem to figure it out. I'm going profile mini back and marmoset front ^^ going to be sick. Also, what are the "Q-lights and dt spokes?" links would work fine
from another thread that no one responded to.

L

lildrewmilby

No one would answer post #2
I really like the hazard lite, its the same weight as the 7ka but cheap. And stronger. I always use 14mm axle in the back. It just seems right.

IrideAmacneil

IrideAmacneil

No one would answer post #3
the 3/8th is the axle size.
14MM should usually be the rear and 3/8ths up front is normal.

BMXDAN

BMXDAN

No one would answer post #4
The hazard lite and the gsport are both excellent rims and very light

When the profile hub says 3/8 mini is a race hub. it has 3/8 axles rather than 14mm

The q-lites and dt spokes are spokes that attach the hub to the rim.. i dont no much about these specific kind but i do no that a lot of people like dt swiss spokes

ROB THE ERT

ROB THE ERT

No one would answer post #5
you wont get lighter than 7KA's really. and you dont know what 3/8ths means? in means its a 10 mill or 3/8ths inch axle.

and try bumping your thread next time

T

troy

No one would answer post #7
The hazard lite and the gsport are both excellent rims and very light

When the profile hub says 3/8 mini is a race hub. it has 3/8 axles rather than 14mm

The q-lites and dt spokes are spokes that attach the hub to the rim.. i dont no much about these specific kind but i do no that a lot of people like dt swiss spokes

WRONG.

Qlite is a cassete system for a hub.

madeinchina

madeinchina

No one would answer post #9
that rim is a race rim not a front

ROB THE ERT

ROB THE ERT

No one would answer post #10
umm thats a race rim. i could bend that in about .98743874893 seconds

Tdadd

Tdadd

No one would answer post #11
Ah, thanks. Last thing, can anyone give me a link to someone who sells "Q light cassets"? Can't find anything

ROB THE ERT

ROB THE ERT

No one would answer post #12
uhh its a WTP product so id just see if they have any online dealers and they should have it

pelmeney

pelmeney

No one would answer post #13
alienation delinquent.. theyre cheap, light, mainly for light riders thoe..
some ppl say they bend easily or get "un-true"

madeinchina

madeinchina

No one would answer post #14
danscomp.com wtp casset is one

dakotaridesbikes

dakotaridesbikes

No one would answer post #16
yea hazard lights

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

No one would answer post #17
ok i really dont know what your problem with the 7KA is other then you cant afford it
its as light and strong as they come. If you are SUCH a weight weenie you need to go EVEN lighter i dont know
what to tell you. Alien Nation does make some nice rims and they are strong enough.

misterbryan

misterbryan

No one would answer post #18
7KA ($90) - 17 oz
hazard lite ($60) - 17.7 oz
Animal LM ($65) - 16 oz
Animal LM-R ($65) - 15.8 oz

andhey

andhey

No one would answer post #19
Last edited:
johnuk

johnuk

No one would answer post #20
I have the Alienation Runaway front and back

I think they're about 13.75oz but double walled. I've used them for jumping stairs and not bent them

As much as I am a weight whore, you're going to need to be seriously careful with the Ankle Biter

New Topics