No more flats

• Discuss No more flats in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ok well a buddy of mine has one of those no more flat tubes in hes back rim and today coming home form school he just went to bunny hop this vary small... ...
skeleton

skeleton

No more flats post #1
Ok well a buddy of mine has one of those no more flat tubes in hes back rim and today coming home form school he just went to bunny hop this vary small gap and bent hes rim now I think that its becuase of the no more flat but idk so im asking you do you think that the no more flat its why he bent hes rim and is there any way he can fix it its not that bad I'll try to get pics soon

J

Jamie

No more flats post #2
Full stops are always handy y'know!

Tomsimple

Tomsimple

Member of the month
No more flats post #3
why would a tube bend his rim?

E

essjbmx

No more flats post #4
I doubt the tube even had anything to do with this. I bought a thorn resistant tube and bunny hopped onto a small curb, nothing happened. It was probably because when your friend landed from the bunny hop, the rim bent by the landing of it.

B

BMXer713

No more flats post #5
yeah those tubes are just thicker, not made of solid rock...

skeleton

skeleton

No more flats post #6
Well I was wondering since all it is is solid rubber if there was nothing to kinda take the force like with tubes the air kinda shifts

AustinK

AustinK

No more flats post #7
are you talking about the tube that is a solid rubber hose.

Is it the kind that weighs like a full pound?

Even if it is i doubt that it would cause his rim to bend. chances are that he just has a cheap rim that took a beating.

Linx7

Linx7

No more flats post #8
since when are there tubes that are solid rubber that contain no air?

Pickles

Pickles

No more flats post #9
if anything,a rubber tube would help protect the rim from being dented. unless 'twas a side impact,then the tube could have aided in the "dent" (which Im thinking is just the rim being out of true)

AustinK

AustinK

No more flats post #10
since when are there tubes that are solid rubber that contain no air?
i am not sure when they came out but the local wal mart has them.

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

No more flats post #11
proof or it doesnt exist.

Ace24

Ace24

No more flats post #13
I just went to walmart to pick up some more tubes and saw those!!! But I thought it would be like riding with really low air pressure and hard to put in, so I just went with the classic tubes. (and it cost $20).

iwantaninertia

iwantaninertia

No more flats post #14
Holy crap 3.25 pounds for one??? ****in insane

AustinK

AustinK

No more flats post #15
ya i would never ride those. You can squeeze them with little effort so i can only imagine how slow your top speed would be.:D

CodyPrince

CodyPrince

No more flats post #16
he has a shit rim

iwantaninertia

iwantaninertia

No more flats post #17
The only thing
I have ever seen done like this is to take some of the insulation wall foam and cut your valve off the tube once it is installed and then pump that shit in as fast as possible and then duck tape it to keep it in there as it gets bigger and dries. After it dries then you can untape it and it is as hard as a rock and lasts for a few months before it needs to be replaced from getting "lumpy" or whatever if you do big drops.

You have to cut the tire off so do not do this with a brand new tire.

mad082

mad082

No more flats post #18
i have had to put something similar into a wheelchair before. it was made from a pva foam. took me about 45 mins a tyre to get it in and the tyre back in. than about a year later i had to do it again because the tyre was worn out. not fun.

as for your mates rim, it would have nothing to do with the tube.

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

No more flats post #19
What a lame post !!

Tubes dont bend rims or anything, his rim is bent because his landing was crappy, the tube was near flat and the spokes were too loose, period.

Just inflate the tube next to the max PSI allowed (it's written on the tire) to avoid pinch flats, and avoid rolling on shattered glass and rusty nails...

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

No more flats post #20
skeleton- use punctuation!

those "no more flats" tubes are good for granny beach cruisers but horrible for everything else. they are REALLY heavy and they dont "give" like a normal tube would on a hard handing.

Just inflate the tube next to the max PSI allowed (it's written on the tire) to avoid pinch flats, and avoid rolling on shattered glass and rusty nails...
you can't inflate this tube at all. it's a solid ring of rubber with no valve. sure, it never goes flat, but it weighs a TON and feels mooshy.

New Topics