no bike parks

P

primokicks

no bike parks post #1
there are about 15 skate parks around here that do not allow bikes we have even gottena ll the bikers from around this area (about 20) and gone and yelled i support acsess bmx all the way!!!

I

infantry43RIDER

no bike parks post #2
um awesome...im sure most of us do support them of course...bikes not being allowed in parks is not something new.

G

no bike parks post #3
yelling at them is a good idea man... much better than making good points about how BMX doesn't ruin skateparks. but im sure yelling worked better, people in charge of skateparks love being yelled at... im sure they'll be letting you in any day now.

°

°§çáß°

no bike parks post #4
Are they private parks or did the city you live in build them? If the city built it, its a public park and would be violating your civil rights by not allowing you. http://www.spausa.org/bikers.html

I

infantry43RIDER

no bike parks post #5
panteraman...funny stuff

scab yea a lot of the parks that are made by the city technically do violate civil rights because they don't let bikes in still.

O

oibmxpunx

no bike parks post #6
panteraman said:
yelling at them is a good idea man... much better than making good points about how BMX doesn't ruin skateparks. but im sure yelling worked better, people in charge of skateparks love being yelled at... im sure they'll be letting you in any day now.
makes a good point

E

evanc

no bike parks post #7
BMX does ruin park. We ruin everything. Skaters have a right to be pissed at us; they fought their fight - we're still fighting ours.

E

EasternBMX

no bike parks post #8
yeah one time i was riding a cement park in Denver...it is open to bikes just not pegs anyway i was thowing it down haha.... i wrecked and took a huge chunk out of the cement...yes i had pegs i felt bad becuase it just proved all the skating worlds point

sorry guys its my fault bikes aren't allowed in skate parks

G

gr8shag28

no bike parks post #9
primokicks said:
there are about 15 skate parks around here that do not allow bikes we have even gottena ll the bikers from around this area (about 20) and gone and yelled i support acsess bmx all the way!!!
man, i feel sorry for all you clowns i live in australia so all the parks are open for riders but we dont shred them up to much cause there is coping on every ledge and box :)

G

gr8shag28

no bike parks post #10
primokicks said:
man, i feel sorry for all you clowns i live in australia so all the parks are open for riders but we dont shred them up to much cause there is coping on every ledge and box :)

N

nightrider

no bike parks post #11
evanc said:
BMX does ruin park. We ruin everything. Skaters have a right to be pissed at us; they fought their fight - we're still fighting ours.
no it does not if you can ride with any sorta controll you will be fine. if its a publick park its your right to ride it cuase you payed for it

N

nightrider

no bike parks post #12
EasternBMX said:
yeah one time i was riding a cement park in Denver...it is open to bikes just not pegs anyway i was thowing it down haha.... i wrecked and took a huge chunk out of the cement...yes i had pegs i felt bad becuase it just proved all the skating worlds point

sorry guys its my fault bikes aren't allowed in skate parks
no it does not man. all it proves is that you were using pegs in a park that said no pegs and that. was not make to be used with pegs or you are really sketchy. way to put a bad name on bmx

E

EasternBMX

no bike parks post #13
OH! so Nightrider you have never wrecked thats cool tell me how you do it

C

crm829

no bike parks post #14
how did u take a huge chunk outta the cement with ure pegs?

E

EasternBMX

no bike parks post #15
i was trying to 270 a hip and did not get all the way around and slid
I did not video tape it so i can't tell you exactly but i'm sure my peg hit it
when i slide out

T

Trimix

no bike parks post #16
I am lucky in that Vans Orlando is 20 minutes from me. They are open all the time, to skateboards and inlines....but only allow bikes two nights a week, for two hour sessions. As I come in the gate to the park last night, the "attendant" says..."hold on a minute"...and proceeds to wrap CLEAR PLASTIC THIN (like packaging) tape on my pegs. Is that not the stupidist (is that a word) thing you have ever heard of?

T

Trimix

no bike parks post #17
panteraman said:
You got it nailed Panteraman. Therein lies the answer. Sometimes you can be your own worst enemy.

V

Vic_Vega

no bike parks post #18
Doing Something about it

Whine, whine, whine...that never gets you anywhere. I thought whining was for skaters:) Being confrontational and loud can do nothing but hurt your chances of being allowed in a private park. If you want access you have to play their game. Town meetings and other formal ways of requesting access will do much more to further our cause. None of the parks in my area(i live in georgia) allow bikes regularly, but I personally don't care. My friends and I built ramps and dirt jumps in our massive backyard to rival all the parks around here!! So screw the skaters and their fascist playgrounds....I don't need 'em.

I

infantry43RIDER

no bike parks post #19
word man.

New Topics