[News] Pantera 2 Forks

• Discuss [News] Pantera 2 Forks in the BMX News forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well, this is probably the first time that we show a new item when it´s already available. the pantera 2 forks. most of our distributors already... ...
FlyBike

FlyBike

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #1
Well, this is probably the first time that we show a new item when it´s already available. the pantera 2 forks. most of our distributors already received them. others like usa, will take a few weeks.
we have so many projects in the works so we didn´t want to make you wait for another product….

It has all the new features on the 3amigos forks and some changes on the dropouts and bottom of legs. Here are all of them:

1. internal oval shape steer tube.
thicker on the sides to stand straight stress.

2. integrated cone race.
one part less...

3. triple butted legs
Thicker on the bends and bottom

4. new star front bolt
lighter and nice.

You can check all these 3 features at:
http://www.flybikesbmx.com/products/3amigosforkeng.htm#

and also:

5. 4mm. thick dropouts with 5mm. reinforcement
see the drawing. this 5mm. thick reinforcement makes the dropouts almost as strong as a full 5mm. one.

6. angled cut on bottom of legs
Sergio saw that all of his forks have hits on this part so he made this cut to prevent that.

The new weight is 1.055 gr. / 2.32 lb. and you have them in the same colors as the cranks. Black, dirty white and dirty green.

We´ll put them on the product page with full photos and specs soon.

We all at flybikes hope that you like them!

T

Timthekid

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #2
nice bbut i got my forks already

Busades

Busades

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #3
Someone ask me to rip this product apart...

S

Snake Lizard

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #4
Someone ask me to rip this product apart...
Please rip this product apart. I always wait for your opinion on new parts.

M

marks86

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #5
those are pretty sick, they look like S&M pitch xlt

outk5t

outk5t

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #6
Nice, but I still like my odyssey classics.

S

Scottehrm

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #7
there alright i would not get em

S

SeattleBMX

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #8
purty, im stickin with my uniteds

lalo pro

lalo pro

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #9
really nice forks, but i'm waiting for the ody directors!!

chubbs

chubbs

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #10
They look good, but too bad they're going to be expensive. And im sticking with my Primo Kamizake forks.

moes

moes

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #12
Thirded, mostly because I hate how Fly takes forever to put out stuff that isn't even that inovative (such as the 3 Amigos forks).

Carsten Bonde

Carsten Bonde

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #13
G

gtbmx0222

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #14
i think ill stick with my sundays.

samcoolguy

samcoolguy

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #15
dude oddy classic dirt own!!!!!!!!!!

J

JermaineKelly

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #16
why, odsy, sunday etc. have ugly tapered legs, these have nice straight legs, theyr light, the drop out is best ive ever seen, so tidy...and i imagine theyl be $114 not impossible to pay for a set of good forks, that ovalised steerer tube will be a bitch to manufacture (hence the wait) but will be super strong for a 37oz fork. point out something really wrong with them apart from, "nah i rather stick with my [insert odsy, sunday, primo, wtp etc.]" or "no im waiting for the directors" (lol is what o say to that person). some construcitve comments for prospetive buyers would be helpfull, cue any 3 amigo forks owners.

amishrob

amishrob

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #17
^^mate, what you just said was a load of bullshit. odyssey, sunday, primo etc are reputable companies, unlike fly, whose metal parts are f*cking turd.

R

radripperaj

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #18
besides the first part where he talks about the tappered forks hes not really puting any comapny down. i agree with him though i hate it when people put pointless comments, that dont really have anything to do with that paticular product.

lalo pro

lalo pro

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #19
^^mate, what you just said was a load of bullshit. odyssey, sunday, primo etc are reputable companies, unlike fly, whose metal parts are f*cking turd.
hey hey!!, fly is one of the most innovative companies out there, and one of the most reliable ones !!!! the frames are are strong and innovative (removable gyro tabs, removable brake stuff, really well machined dropouts, i've never seen any dropouts like the ones that use fly) the pedals, so strong, so light and made from aluminium!!! that's awesome, the ruben tires(no more flats) the rims....
i mean everything from fly is good, so this forks must be good as well, and i'm not guessing that, if you see the specifications you will see it, fly is not like every other company that just make copies of other company's stuff ( for example pivotal seats, one create it, and the other ones just copied the idea)
this forks are innovative, they aren't like other forks, they have the fly style (innovation)
i'd go with this forks if i hadn't heard about the ody directors

Busades

Busades

[News] Pantera 2 Forks post #20
why, odsy, sunday etc. have ugly tapered legs, these have nice straight legs,
Odyssey, Sunday and colony all have tapered leg forks since they offer a stronger weight to strength ratio over more traditional strait drawn tubing.

the drop out is best ive ever seen, so tidy.
The dropouts are a joke. The extra brace on the dropout is completely useless. Also due to the brace most pegs will be non compatible with this fork.

hey hey!!, fly is one of the most innovative companies out there, and one of the most reliable ones !!!!
Sure, they take 3 years to redesign their cranks and they still fail in the exact same place as their original cranks.

the frames are are strong and innovative (removable gyro tabs, removable brake stuff, really well machined dropouts, i've never seen any dropouts like the ones that use fly)
Being innovative, and creating a better product do not always go hand in hand. The only original ideas from fly that were a step forward were the removable tabs and the Spanish bb. The choice to use the internal gusset and plates may seem great, but its weakening their frames quite a bit. The removable brake mounts look cool and all, but are all together a bad idea. Drilling a hole around the same side as the OD of the tubing in the chain stay or seat stay is bad enough. Then you locate that hole on the weakest part of the tubing (at the bend) and though in a bunch of heat from welding in that boss and you just asking for trouble. CNC dropouts had been done for years by many other companies.

for example pivotal seats, one create it, and the other ones just copied the idea
Macneil created the system then branded it the pivotal seat. They license the technology out to more companies to help the system grow. Its not copying at all when X company comes out with their own pivotal seats. Dont even pull the argument about them all using the same seat pans as manceil, every single slim seat out there uses the same velo pan.

New Topics