Newbie looking for advise

S

SimonDK

Newbie looking for advise post #1
Hey everybody!

I have been thinking of getting into BMX riding now that the water is too cold for surfing. Weighing in at 220lb and stading 6 feet 4" tall, i'm one of the big guys. I have been looking at the flybikes micromachine, it's cheap, lightweight but very small. The top tube is only 18,75 inches and I fear that the bars might hit my knees when I go riding :(

I know a flatbike it not meant to travel great distances but I would like to keep up with my freinds who all have street bikes. Another bike I have been looking at is the Dragonfly one usa complete. A freind has one and he is very happy with it. It's cheaper than the flybikes and bigger (longer toptube) but also slightly heavier.

So which bike should I go for, the flybikes or the dragonfly??

How does the flatland bikes handle bunnyhops and griding - is it out of the question? How does it handle bigger and heavier riders?

Which bike should I go for, the flybikes or the dragonfly?
Any tall BMX riders out there, which bikes do you ride?

I plan on buying my bike from this place:
http://www.soulcycle.nl/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1&cat=complete bikes

G

Newbie looking for advise post #2
Dude, if your gonna ride street with your flat bike then definitly go for the dragonfly. The micromachine is made out of Japanese tubing so it's not as strong, and your a big guy. Go for the dragonfly. It should hold up to street well... I rode a flat bike in street for awhile and it was fine.

S

SimonDK

Newbie looking for advise post #3
A little feedback please :?

G

Newbie looking for advise post #4
Get the Dragonfly. Its sizing is better for you and the Fly will break because ur huge. I ride a fly Pantera (street) and I'm only 120. The dragonfly will be everything you need.

G

Newbie looking for advise post #5
The weight on the dragonfly wont matter too much. It's not that much of a difference. Sorry about multiple posts.

New Topics