Newbie from the uk

Carlos

Carlos

Newbie from the uk post #1
anyone here from the uk?

i've just picked up a mongoose pro for about £60

i don't really know much about it, i was wondering if anyone know what position was best to set the handle bars at etc, very newbie i know, but i just fancied bmx, i also skate (a little) and ride motorbikes :twisted:

L

leon_luxton

Newbie from the uk post #2
Yo....i am from the UK...portsomouth,were you from man.i ride flatland...put ya bars parallel with ya forks...thats all ya need to now.wot moongoose was it??wot ya planing on riding...do flatland.its real fun man.
leon 8O

Carlos

Carlos

Newbie from the uk post #3
hey man, i'm up north near blackpool.

i dunno to be honest, i know it says mongoose pro on the frame, other than that i'm not sure, bought it off a dude on ebay from slough

L

leon_luxton

Newbie from the uk post #4
sounds good....can you post a picture of the bike plz so i can see it...wot style ya planning on riding then??? :D

Carlos

Carlos

Newbie from the uk post #5
bike's at my girlfriends at the min, i'll get some pics and then send u them, i dunno, i was thinking about mixing it up, bit of flat/street and maybe even dirt/vert

L

leon_luxton

Newbie from the uk post #6
yeah...thats cool...i ride flatland and really like it...i like dirt 2..never done vert or nuttin though :?

Carlos

Carlos

Newbie from the uk post #7
so what trick should i try to learn first? any suggestions / tips etc, also the brake pads seem very close to the rims, how do u suggest i slacken them off?

L

leon_luxton

Newbie from the uk post #8
well...if the brakes work fine and DONT rub then leave em...well a first trick...depends wot for really?flat ect.....?

H

hartattack_199

Newbie from the uk post #9
hey buddy, welcome around, gonna go for all four eh?
well
First tricks
Dirt i'd say start with one handers, one footers, then to no handers, no footers, soon nothings, then can can's before you know it no handed backflips
Street i'd go with the feeble grind
vert, just see how high you can get, when you feel comfortable, Xups n what not
and
Flat- Barspins, double barspins and Tail whips

have fun

L

leon_luxton

Newbie from the uk post #10
also in flat try forkwheelies,dork wheelies,barhops,maual,backwards wheelies and backwards dork wheelies... :D thats shuld get ya going..master all that and ya can move on to the next stage of harder tricks...GOOD LUCK man :wink:

E

EasternBMX

Newbie from the uk post #11
or maybe a bunnyhop to get things started

G

Newbie from the uk post #12
nice name

S

sentaafEQpovar

Newbie from the uk post #13
lol, im carlos also

Carlos

Carlos

Newbie from the uk post #14
Hey guys, i'm back, xmas has been really busy, i got the bike :) still not sure what it is, i'll take a piccie with my new digital camera :D and get it posted, right now i'm gonna set it up and just get a feel for it.

any suggestions forgetting started, i've got pegs front and rear both sides and dunno what to try first :p

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Newbie from the uk post #15
no no no forget about tricks just get your bunny hops down and make sure you can flow around/over different things, eg dirt jumps, parks, do sets of steps etc. just get the basics down really well, thats super important. but as was mentioned just have fun and do what you want, dont pay attention to other people (so i guess in theory, if you listen to me, you should not actually listen to me....right?)

C

casperh

Newbie from the uk post #16
what is a dorkwheelie luxton?

Carlos

Carlos

Newbie from the uk post #17
right, bmx is a mongoose villan, old owner says this

it is a mongoose villain standard but i bought a new mongoose brawler (so i
didnt need the villain) and put lots of those new pieces on it, like the
3piece cranks, tires etc. i also bought some other new parts like the bars,
v-brakes, levers, adapters, tugs, etc. and put them on it. So i guess its
kinda custom built, cos the only original things on there are the frame,
forks and wheels
says it was used for street and dirt

is this any good, and will i be ok on ramps with dirt (ish) tyres?

tried to post pics but they didn't work,
here goes again

http://www.freewebs.com/sk8dude1984/1 048.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/sk8dude1984/1 049.jpg

L

leon_luxton

Newbie from the uk post #19
ah i cant bunnyhop and dont plan to even try one either.i dont need em really :D

C

casperh

Newbie from the uk post #20
you cant bunnyhop leon uuuurghl

New Topics