New to BMX

• Discuss New to BMX in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I'm new to this forum and only just got a BMX two weeks ago. Anyone got any ideas for how to learn tricks? :oops: [color=cyan][/color] ...
  • Tags bike bmx flatland no footer street x-up
M

Moose

New to BMX post #1
I'm new to this forum and only just got a BMX two weeks ago.

Anyone got any ideas for how to learn tricks? :oops:

E

EPMD

New to BMX post #2
Learn what you want but

no footers
1 footers
1 handers
no handers
x-up

C

casperh

New to BMX post #3
if you go flatland you should try bunnyhops, barspins, tailwips and lots of more which you can find in, i believe the beginner forumpart

T

Trimix

New to BMX post #4
To first determine what "tricks" you want to learn, you must first ascertain what kind of riding you will do. Makes no sense to say "learn X-ups" if you like flatland riding.

Bunnyhops, and manuals I think are the underpinning for all riding. They teach balance points, and how the bike behaves under you. I think those are the first "skills" someone should learn.

If you like ramp/park riding, then ride the rythm section (if they have one) for two months. If you like dirt, start jumping and extending slowly both your lengths and heights. Then start throwing in tricks.

If you like street style riding, then just go out, ride around the streets, and chuck yourself off things, and yank the bars around for starters!!!

Or - you could sit inside and play Dave Mirra, with your bike leaned up against the couch :roll:

L

leon_luxton

New to BMX post #5
welcome moose :roll:

New Topics