new to bmx, setup options...

• Discuss new to bmx, setup options... in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hi ive tried searching but to no avail :( and i know you are probs sick of these threads but hey, who cares lol anyways, im new to bmx and am... ...
SouthernFreeride

SouthernFreeride

new to bmx, setup options... post #1
hi

ive tried searching but to no avail :( and i know you are probs sick of these threads but hey, who cares lol

anyways, im new to bmx and am currently running 4 pegs and no brakes.

i love using all 4 pegs, and the no brakes feels kinda cool too.

anyways, a few of my buddies are telling me i should take 2 pegs off and buy a brake.

i know its supposed to be a personal thing, but would it be worth my while taking 2 off?

i know the 4 pegs is slightly heavier, but it allows me to do soo many more stalls and stuff which is great fun and i love it. what do you think? i could take the front driveside off as the only time i use that is very cocasioanlly i do drivesdie smith stalls and double pegs but not often.

but then i hate assymetry too lol.

anyways, more crucially, shall i get a brake? i dont parrticulalrly mind having no brakes but i wearing through shoes quick lol. and i love the low maintaince of not having them lol.

can any of you convince me to buy a brake? thnx

Gtking80

Gtking80

new to bmx, setup options... post #2
depends on wut you like

Getaway

Getaway

new to bmx, setup options... post #3
If its cus of doing barspins and such you might as well go with gyro otherwise just go no brakes and buy some if you want them later.

With pegs ride 4 if you find you dont use 2 take them off.

I

itsallinthemix

new to bmx, setup options... post #4
if you don't use it, lose it. :)

Penn kalgh

Penn kalgh

new to bmx, setup options... post #5
Nah stick to what you want, don't listen to people on how they want your bike, it's your bike you can do what ever to that because it's yours, i hate it when people are like you should put pegs on or take the gyro off and go straight, it's how you like it.

Stick to the 4pegs/no brakes.

Minitrix

Minitrix

new to bmx, setup options... post #6
It's all about personal preference.
I ride three pegs, one on the rear of my non-drive side, just because I'm relearning grinds on my right, and two on my left.

But anyway, nobody knows how you should setup your bike, because they are not you and they do not have your riding preferences.

vinniesac

vinniesac

new to bmx, setup options... post #7
I like front and rear brakes and two pegs i allows you to do endos with out foot jams (shoe chewers) it also allows me to pogo on my rear tire, do 180 g turns slow down alot b 4 goen fakie its just my style you gotta stick to your style and your personal favorite bike setup

SouthernFreeride

SouthernFreeride

new to bmx, setup options... post #8
thnx guys :D

i think ill run 4 pegs no brakes :D

might try peg variations off and on but i think ill just end up running 4 pegs once i can afford some crazy light ones lol.

thnx guys :D

New Topics