New to BMX, not to riding

• Discuss New to BMX, not to riding in the Hey I'm new - Introduce Yourself forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Word, been riding in general for as long as I can remember.Thought BMX would be cool to ride so I bought one today, a Kink Whip complete for £320... ...
J

JonMack

New to BMX, not to riding post #1
Word, been riding in general for as long as I can remember.Thought BMX would be cool to ride so I bought one today, a Kink Whip complete for £320. Slowly but surely gonna upgrade it if I get on with things until I get it exactly how I want it. Generally real happy with it just unhappy with the weight as I'm used to a sub 18lbs trials bike :p so yeah my background is bicycle trials I've been riding that for the last year or so but there are more bmxers in my town (Weston super Mare, UK) so I thought I'd give it a go.

Anyway, I'm mainly gonna be here to buy shit and look for opinions of parts so wont post much, but thought i'd give a lil intro.

Biggles

Biggles

New to BMX, not to riding post #2
Wow i bet that's gonna be such a strange style of riding for you to get used to.

Trials being mostly slowly approached, lots of lunges from standstill and pin-point wheel placement and front and back braking constantly, as opposed to taking a long run up before hucking a 360 down a stair set on bmx!

J

Jamie

New to BMX, not to riding post #3
trials is awesome, what bike do/did you have?

J

JonMack

New to BMX, not to riding post #4
Yeah the speed and weight difference is the hardest thing to get used to, but I'm sure it will come with time.

I ride a 20" Dob, here are some old pics http://mt13.quickshareit.com/gallery/view/6d88a177

Recently had a new rear wheel build, new bars, new rear rotor and about to change the cranks too to drop it sub 8kg hopefully :)

Biggles

Biggles

New to BMX, not to riding post #5
that's an awesome bike. And an insane weight!

New Topics