New to biking: Opinions on a bike (a bit different I think?)

• Discuss New to biking: Opinions on a bike (a bit different I think?) in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What's up everybody, I'm fairly new to the BMX game. I've been skating for a good 7-8 years at this point and I'm looking for something new. Street BMX... ...
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rip It Up

New to biking: Opinions on a bike (a bit different I think?) post #1
What's up everybody, I'm fairly new to the BMX game. I've been skating for a good 7-8 years at this point and I'm looking for something new. Street BMX caught my interest, so I came here looking for some opinions on the bike I've been looking at.

A few background notes: I'm fairly big, 6'2", 210 pounds, 21 years old.

Now, as I've been shopping around for bikes I've been seeing that for taller people (read: above 6' is what I've been seeing) you need to look for more "specific" dimensions, so I've been looking for 20.75ish which leads me to my main question.

I've been looking at a Stolen Wrap '08 (http://www.danscomp.com/101408.php) but my question is will I run into issues with the size? Is this an appropriate selection? I've been hearing good reviews about it from a couple different sources, including this site. Also as I mentioned earlier, I'm more into street as opposed to the other "disciplines."

Any other suggestions I'm open to, as I am totally new to biking. I'd like to keep it under 500$, and am obviously looking for a complete bike at this stage, seeing as I don't even know what parts are in a bike.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
ANiMaL xNJx

ANiMaL xNJx

New to biking: Opinions on a bike (a bit different I think?) post #2
i just picked up my new stolen wrap a couple days ago. i have to tell you man, i absolutely love it. i'm 5'8", 130 pounds. it may feel different for you because you're a lot bigger, but for me it's amazing. a 21"TT might be better for someone your size.

BMXbrian

BMXbrian

New to biking: Opinions on a bike (a bit different I think?) post #3
im having the same problem.
im 6'1'', 245lbs and the only bike thats in my price range is the DK General Lee 24"

J

JonMack

New to biking: Opinions on a bike (a bit different I think?) post #4
jimbosz07

jimbosz07

New to biking: Opinions on a bike (a bit different I think?) post #5
might be a tiny bit small but its got big bars so youll probably be alright. my friend just bought a new stolen wrap in the metallic black. SO SICK. feels really great too.

might wanna replace the bottom bracket bearings though. theyre unsealed which will be a problem if you ride it in dirt and other shit like that

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

New to biking: Opinions on a bike (a bit different I think?) post #6
M

MariSeana

New to biking: Opinions on a bike (a bit different I think?) post #7
Honestly, i am 6'1" 245 lbs. and i love the stolen wrap, i do not own one my self but one of my friends do and it is very comfortable to me

aldrix

aldrix

New to biking: Opinions on a bike (a bit different I think?) post #8
I'm about 6' even and got the 08 Wrap a bit ago ... it feels good. The bars are high and wide, which is nice (though I may cut them a bit narrower soon).
To be honest, I feel like I'd like a frame with a little bit longer of a top tube, but it's really hard (or it was for me anyway) trying to find a complete with a long TT that doesn't break the bank. This hasn't caused me any sort of pains or anything while riding and I don't feel restricted by the size like I did with a 19.5" TT. This is the longest TT I found for what I was willing to spend right now and I feel like it'll do just fine for a quite a while.

G

goldendragon

New to biking: Opinions on a bike (a bit different I think?) post #9
The stickies are up for a reason, maybe you should read those before you post :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics