New Stem

• Discuss New Stem in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I need a new stem for my bike. Can I just get anyone and it'll fit on my bike, or what do I need to measure to make sure I get the right size? thanks ...
  • Tags bike
P

pooky

New Stem post #1
I need a new stem for my bike. Can I just get anyone and it'll fit on my bike, or what do I need to measure to make sure I get the right size?

thanks

Z

zedbot

New Stem post #2
stem

if you look at your stem on the top if there is only one on the top you have a shafted stem
but if you have one on top and a clamp thingy on the side you have a clamping stem
hope this helps

I

infantry43RIDER

New Stem post #3
wanna good stem...wait wait an amazing stem?
Solid Bikes stem.

O

oibmxpunx

New Stem post #4
red neck light

L

LuMpY

New Stem post #5
Please say the one you have now isn't a quill style. If it is, you need a different bike or fork, stem and headset. Threadless is the way to go. If it is a quill, it's 1". Theadless stems can be both 1" and 1 1/8"(sometimes 1.5"). Depending on the stem you get you may get to choose different lengths too. Some are offset too so you can flip it over to raise or lower it. Just get something beefy.

F

federal_rider12

New Stem post #6
actually there 3 diff sizes in threadless stems/forks/frames an that is 1" mini, 1" bmx, and 1 1/8", but if u have a threaded headset well they r like all the same(they r a stem with a shaft and a bolt with a wedge) if u have one of those just go to a shop and be like i need a 1" threaded stem

the stems i like,which r 1 1/8, r odyssey chock full o nuts--demolition jarhead--and shadow

S

sentaafEQpovar

New Stem post #7
lol, those tiny mini stems look retarted, i like looking at pictures of em in dans comp, they make me laugh

E

EPMD

New Stem post #8
FBM bottle neck.. so cool 8)

I

infantry43RIDER

New Stem post #9
yes that stem is awesome.

S

sentaafEQpovar

New Stem post #10
i remember a bike store sold pobie a messed up primo casket for like 10 bucks, so one day on bart, some guy had a gold primo casket and pobie has gold shit on his bike, so pobie was like, ill trade u stems... and they traded.... it was cool

RuLe

RuLe

New Stem post #11
what do u think of a blue stem for me to buy for my bike :) lol

F

federal_rider12

New Stem post #12
:roll: just buy whatever if u want it blue then paint it

S

sentaafEQpovar

New Stem post #13
****, if i could get some paint, my bike would be a rainbow, i would paint pictures of world leaders on it,m and flowers, and dump trucks and airp[lanes and kittens

F

federal_rider12

New Stem post #14
im goin to put bin laden face on my pedals,since i break them alot, and on my seat(or get the seat with his face on it) so i can fart on his face

S

sentaafEQpovar

New Stem post #15
ima put sadam on my front part of bike that forks goes through and it will say "sadam owns joo noob" and itlle be the clean shaven pic with the nice smile

RuLe

RuLe

New Stem post #16
that makes me think i mit take the forks off my real old bike the 2001 flair and clean them.... o shit nevermind they have the incerts for front brakes. shit :(

F

federal_rider12

New Stem post #17
cut the 990s off them

L

LuMpY

New Stem post #18
Sentaa would have a rainbow 'cause he has *** pride.

RuLe

RuLe

New Stem post #19
i want the FLY BIKES Pantera forks but geez all the good forks are around 70 - 90 bucks and thats pretty ***

R

rage2k3

New Stem post #20
I got an awesome stem that hasn't let me down yet. The kink front loader. It's a good price about 79.99 canadian.

New Topics