New Stem+question

• Discuss New Stem+question in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; This is prob. a stupid qu but i was wondering if I buy a S&M redneck stem/any stems without gyro tabs will i still b able to install a gyro to my bike... ...
D

dressed2kill

New Stem+question post #1
This is prob. a stupid qu but i was wondering if I buy a S&M redneck stem/any stems without gyro tabs will i still b able to install a gyro to my bike? Will i be able to buy gyro tabs seperately?

C

cav89

New Stem+question post #2
the stem, as you probly no, is the part that holds your handebars, this comew w or w/out gyro tabs.......when you purchase i gyro, it comes w/ the tabs that go just below your stem, and SHOULD come with tabs that connect to your headtube.....youll be fine buying one w/out tabs.......

hope i helped......cav

T

Trimix

New Stem+question post #3
Yes you can. Neither my frame nor my stem has tabs. I added them to the frame and to the stem.

Hope that helps!

D

dressed2kill

New Stem+question post #4
ar right cheers, so then y do some stems have the tabs?just easier/whatever?

T

Trimix

New Stem+question post #5
Yep...and man my headset looks dirty...lol

I

infantry43RIDER

New Stem+question post #6
haha.
nice diagram trimix!

R

rocket

New Stem+question post #7
dressed2kill said:
ar right cheers, so then y do some stems have the tabs?just easier/whatever?
The stems that have tabs, make for a more stiffer, tighter and dialed brake. without the tabs you may have a slight "play" (i hope you know what play means)
same thing goes for frames that have welded on tabs...
if your a die-hard gyro guy and want the best, tightest, and smoothest braking/spinning out of your gyro then the pre built tabs (on the stem and frame) are the only way to go.

ps. that is a nice example Trimix

New Topics