New Rider

• Discuss New Rider in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; whats up im 22 years old, and im brand new to BMXing.............i just picked up my first bike about a week ago i got the free agent trail... ...
  • Tags bike
R

Red One

New Rider post #1
whats up

im 22 years old, and im brand new to BMXing.............i just picked up my first bike about a week ago

i got the free agent trail devil........anyone have any opinions on this bike?

anyway, what tricks are good beginner tricks?..........right now im working on my bunny hop......i can get up on a curb no problem

but what else can i work on that are good for begginers?

also, my brakes seem really loose.....how do i go about tighting those Mofo's.

peace

C

Colorblinded

New Rider post #2
Take a look at your brakes, mine were loose when I first got my bike. For your front breaks you go down to where the brake is near the tire. You should have alittle screwy looking thing that takes the wire through a small hole? If you do then turn it to tighten and loosen. This worked for me and I don't know if it is like this on most bikes or not. For backbreaks, if you have a gyro you have to tighten some other things, basically the same way I believe, near the gyro you can adjust some things like that. If anyone knows another way to tighten I would love to hear it, mine need to be tightened alittle more I think.

Hope this helps some.

R

Red One

New Rider post #3
thanks man...ill give it a try

i dont have a front brake though

C

Colorblinded

New Rider post #4
Do you have a gyro?

Front brakes are cool things :)
What kind of riding are you gonna be doing, if your doing street, I guess you won't need them as much as if you are doing flatland.

R

Red One

New Rider post #5
as i said, im new to all of this

im assuming the gyro is the thing that allows you to spin your handlebars without it twisting up the brakes

i have one of those...........i just adjusted all the knobs on it, and it helped a lot

im not sure what im going to be doing yet.........the bike i got is supposedly good for both freestyle and trails............but the city i live in is flat, so the trails are boring

C

Colorblinded

New Rider post #6
Ok on the gyro is where you would adjust it, with my method. If you did, just make sure that they are as close as you can get it to even as far as where they are screwed too. So you get an even pull on the breaks. A gyro, yes is the thing that allows you to spin your handle bars around. You should get a front break as soon as possible, if its not possible, thats okay too... just will be some things that will be hard to do. Also I thought of another way to tighten the breaks, which I havn't tryed yet. At the end of the break near the pads and such there should be a spot with like a nut or something and the end of the cable is (clamped?) right there, maybe if you unscrew it some, enough to loosen and then pull it through so it is tighter? I might try this later.

I'm glad I could actually help :oops: if you need anything else, that I have any clue I will try to help you out.

R

Red One

New Rider post #7
i tried that cord-pulling thing too

its much tighter now............thanks for the help man

appreciate it

gonna go ride now

C

Colorblinded

New Rider post #8
So pulling it out more and then tightening it back does work? Thank you also, I need to do that.... if I didn't blow my tire on a curb today :cry:

T

The Worst

New Rider post #9
Get a good seat.....dont want testicular Cancer :p

C

Colorblinded

New Rider post #10
lmao, 9/10's of my rides are standing up anyways :wink:

415fsxrules

New Rider post #11
Red One said:
whats up

im 22 years old, and im brand new to BMXing.............i just picked up my first bike about a week ago

i got the free agent trail devil........anyone have any opinions on this bike?

anyway, what tricks are good beginner tricks?..........right now im working on my bunny hop......i can get up on a curb no problem

but what else can i work on that are good for begginers?

also, my brakes seem really loose.....how do i go about tighting those Mofo's.

The trail devil was my first bike and it worked really good for dirt jumping dont use it for street it is not very strong and u may break it

C

Colorblinded

New Rider post #12
It seems it would be more likely to break from big air off of dirt jumps?

But hey! what do I know :wink:

What do you think about the

Schwinn Z-Force (I think thats it)

415fsxrules

New Rider post #13
well i mean like doing street gaps and stairs. It seemed to not hurt it taking b ig jumps

New Topics