New parts, what are better?

• Discuss New parts, what are better? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; MY CABLE SNAPPED TODAY!!! *sob sob* oh well.....im going to buy a new one, its the upper cable of the gyro.....but i wnated to know a few things... ...
  • Tags barspin bmx parts tailwhip
C

cav89

New parts, what are better? post #1
MY CABLE SNAPPED TODAY!!!
*sob sob*

oh well.....im going to buy a new one, its the upper cable of the gyro.....but i wnated to know a few things first...

which is better for braking purposes, single cable, or gyro?

Which is easier to maintain?

Which is easier to use in riding, ie, barspins etc.

Also, im getting some new 3pce cranks, would i have to buy new pedals if the ones im using are for one-peice?

thanks

cav

C

cav89

New parts, what are better? post #2
also, what does evryone think of the ODYSSEY TRIGGER lever? does anyone know howmuch it weighs?

M

Mr_Shrapnel

New parts, what are better? post #3
1, single cables tend to be quite alot better fro braking, you can set up a gyro nicely with a double cable routing, but single cable usually wins out.

2. single cables are WAY eaiser to maintain, as long as you keep it lubed, there isnt much more to it. even then its not like you have to lube it every week, just once every few months.

3. well both are just as "Easy" to ride with, but as far as tricks go, if you are always doing bars spins and tailwhips one after another, gyros are probably the best option. however now that there are linear cables out (eg odyssey linear slic) you can rotate your bars probably over 1080 degrees without your brakes locking up.

and yes you would have to buy new pedals if you are going to buy a 3pc crank and you are currently running a 1pc crank.

F

federal_rider12

New parts, what are better? post #4
staright cable will give more braking power and is easier to maintain but for barspins gyro is better since you wont have to unwind the cable. but yeah you need new pedals for a 3 piece crank. and as of the brake lever dont worry about weigh, geese it is a few ounces it isnt going to kill you just buy one you like not one that weighs nothing

C

cav89

New parts, what are better? post #5
OK, thanks for all that, but i wanted to know the weight of the lever for shipping costs!!!!!

L

leeuw

New parts, what are better? post #6
Mr_Shrapnel said:
1, single cables tend to be quite alot better fro braking, you can set up a gyro nicely with a double cable routing, but single cable usually wins out.

2. single cables are WAY eaiser to maintain, as long as you keep it lubed, there isnt much more to it. even then its not like you have to lube it every week, just once every few months.

3. well both are just as "Easy" to ride with, but as far as tricks go, if you are always doing bars spins and tailwhips one after another, gyros are probably the best option. however now that there are linear cables out (eg odyssey linear slic) you can rotate your bars probably over 1080 degrees without your brakes locking up.

and yes you would have to buy new pedals if you are going to buy a 3pc crank and you are currently running a 1pc crank.
where can i get some info of that odyssey linear slic?

fitvanhoman666

fitvanhoman666

New parts, what are better? post #7
the odyssey linear cable is the same as derailur(spelling) the metal wires in the brake cable are straight not coiled so it woint squeze the wire inside of the cable housing so your breaks will not lock up

M

Mr_Shrapnel

New parts, what are better? post #8
yeah but the derailur (spelling) is like about £80 whereas the odyssey slic is bout £7......quite a difference me thinks......

you can get it form pretty much any bmx shop, or online bmx mailoredr service.

F

federal_rider12

New parts, what are better? post #9
ok i just thought you were trying to save weight :lol: but i think it like 4-5oz

now the odyssey linear slic is awesome never kinks and no matter how wound up the cable is the brakes are always going to work the same its the best cable you can get. the only downside is cutting the housing you cant just use scissors or like a hand cutter you will need like a dremel tool(what i used) so the steel wires in the cable housing dont pinch and then the cable wont go through

New Topics