New/older and what bike advice??

• Discuss New/older and what bike advice?? in the Hey I'm new - Introduce Yourself forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi I'm new here but not new to BMX. I first did BMX when I was a kid and had an Ammaco freestlye Pro. I'm now 36 with 2 kids and a lot bigger - I'm... ...
I

iksmudge

New/older and what bike advice?? post #1
Hi I'm new here but not new to BMX.
I first did BMX when I was a kid and had an Ammaco freestlye Pro.
I'm now 36 with 2 kids and a lot bigger - I'm 6'2" and 14 stone.
I'd like to get back into BMX but can't risk getting too hurt (due to kids).
I loved flatland when I was younger but my height and weight limit my bike choices now I think.
Can flatland be done with a 24"? Can you use a 24" in the park?
I liked the fell and look of the Mirraco Icon 24" and Haro 24".
Bascially I'd like to muck about on a BMX again without getting too crazy to improve my balance and fitness - any advice welcome.
Ian

Pyropro

Pyropro

New/older and what bike advice?? post #2
When I was a kid... many moons ago, we had a kid show up with a 24" and we all laughed at him because that was the first time we had seen such a big BMX bike. He did OK doing the same jumps we were doing on 20's. We all gave it a spin. It was awkward, but it still got the job done. If you got one around, give it a whirl. BTW, I'm 36 and on a 20". It is STILL as cool as ever!:)

Justin

Justin

New/older and what bike advice?? post #3
It's not uncommon to see guys riding 24" or even 26" bikes set up for BMX, mostly strteet and park. I think flaltland would be tough though, the bike would be too hard to maneuver easily. I couldn't imagine trying to do a firehydrant to decade on a 24". But if all you're doing is tooling around, maybe some hopping tricks here and there, and want a bike you can go for a ride with the kids on, a 24 or 26 may be a good choice.

H

Hermes

New/older and what bike advice?? post #4
just ride a 20 thats a better idea(depending on your size)

Red Horn

Red Horn

New/older and what bike advice?? post #6
Bascially I'd like to muck about on a BMX again without getting too crazy to improve my balance and fitness - any advice welcome.
Ian
http://wethepeople.de/V3/product/248

I'm 42 and will probably get a new 20" top notch complete before years end. If I went 24 this would be the one I would shoot for :wink:.

I

iksmudge

New/older and what bike advice?? post #7
Many thanks all:
One more thing - as a tall rider (over 6 foot) which 20" bike would you recommend?

New Topics