New here.... some questions

• Discuss New here.... some questions in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, I'm new here... I hope you guys can help me here with some typical questions. I'd like to do a little bit of everything... So I need a very... ...
  • Tags bike bikes dirt dk bikes gt
B

Bisquit

New here.... some questions post #1
Hey, I'm new here... I hope you guys can help me here with some typical questions.

I'd like to do a little bit of everything... So I need a very versatile bike. Price range is about...$150-$220. I kinda have two bikes in mind...

Poverty Buck 99
Hoffman Rhythm EL1
(possibly the DK CINCINNATI too, is that just a dirt bike tho?)

I'd prefer a bike to come with a cable detangler, and it doesn't say the Hoffman bike does... Or is that just a standard thing?
I'm still going to look at our local shop, but I'm not holding my breath, selection isn't good here, and its very pricey.

I am a little concerned about the reach of a bike, and how much it weights, cause i'm not a big person... So if anyone else has a reccomendation in the price range i'm in, suggest it please!

Thanks.

T

Trimix

New here.... some questions post #2
:wall:

Clutch

Clutch

New here.... some questions post #3
I'm not one to keep up on complete bikes I generally try to build my own, but I have heard many times that the DK 8-pack is good for the price...

I think it's in the 220 range, I'm not certain on that one tho...

As for worrying about whether or not a bike is for dirt or not, the only noticable difference on a starter bike would be the tires and those or cheap and easy enough to change for whatever type of riding you want to do.

Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

New here.... some questions post #4
Clutch said:
I'm not one to keep up on complete bikes I generally try to build my own, but I have heard many times that the DK 8-pack is good for the price...

I think it's in the 220 range, I'm not certain on that one tho...

As for worrying about whether or not a bike is for dirt or not, the only noticable difference on a starter bike would be the tires and those or cheap and easy enough to change for whatever type of riding you want to do.
the dk 8-pack is pretty good, but for $50 more u can get a much better bike. The 8-pack is light, but its got 1-piece cranks, and crappy rims hubs, freewheel etc.

B

Bisquit

New here.... some questions post #5
Alright, thanks.

The DK 8-pack is as far I'll go on price, I don't wanna keep creeping out there on price-range.

Thanks again

M

Made

New here.... some questions post #6
i hear dk cincinatti's (wrong spelling) are good and there cheaper than the 8 pack if you want to have some money left over

B

Bisquit

New here.... some questions post #7
Made said:
i hear dk cincinatti's (wrong spelling) are good and there cheaper than the 8 pack if you want to have some money left over
Yeah, I'm looking at that bike too.

Every time I think I found a bike, I find somethin else.. So I've got a list going :? Oh well.... Just glad I didn't buy a mongoose! haha.

I can't decide... But I think I like the DK bikes more out of the ones I'm looking at.

M

Made

New here.... some questions post #8
yeah i wanted a dk too but i couldnt find them so i just went with a gt

B

Bisquit

New here.... some questions post #9
Made said:
yeah i wanted a dk too but i couldnt find them so i just went with a gt
What do you think of GT's...? I was looking at them.

M

Made

New here.... some questions post #10
well i think there ok but i would of prefer dk i got a compe by the way

B

Bisquit

New here.... some questions post #11
I see.. Hey do you know anything about Dans Compeition BMX online store thing........? Is that a good site to buy through?

renegade

renegade

New here.... some questions post #12
ya its got a great range of anything

S

SR20DET

New here.... some questions post #13
i got a 6 pack and its done me well so far but some of the stuff when you buy a dk bend like cheese e.g sprocket :x

New Topics