New guy from uk

• Discuss New guy from uk in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey all im gonna start by introducing myself my names Ben Griffin i am 15 and i live in liverpool i have been rollerblading for about 1 year im decent... ...
  • Tags bike mongoose parts
S

slappyslapnuts

New guy from uk post #1
Hey all im gonna start by introducing myself my names Ben Griffin i am 15 and i live in liverpool i have been rollerblading for about 1 year im decent at it but the fun has just gone.... today i took my stunt bike which i aquired last year as a present from my dad. Now from what i have read in the past 15 minutes mongoose's seem to be disliked :p my bike is a Mongoose Pro Rogue and for me it feels so heavy im not the strongest of people im about 5'8 but still growing my dilema(sp?) is my mongoose pro rogue feels very heavy almost as if someone has filled the pegs(look like welded on) with concrete its that time of the year again where my cash pile seems to grow magically :p and i have been granted 250 pound for a new bike (can strech to 280). anyways today i went to my local skate park you might of heard of it Rampworx biggest park in europe according to some sources well anyways i tryed my bike there and after getting some bottle i rolled in on some ramps starting from a mini 4ft and up to a 5ft quater but my problem was that i was not able to pull my front wheel up enough to roll down the ramp without hitting my pedel sometimes i managed to take out 4 people in a rather nasty accident (had to laugh tho as a few scallys(skin head, nike tracksuits, over priced trainers which they insist arent stolen) so the damaged ankle was not in vein but as i mentioned my bike seems to be way to heavy and by the rampworx owner they have offered my a hoffman for 200. now what i want to know is which bike is best for my needs i need it to be light due to my strengh had a nasty muscle disease earlyer on in life which destroyed them but ive manged to get them to normal now but it would take to long to build them up to super strong by this i mean my muscles are that of a average 14/15 year old who is active so what bike would you guys suggest taking into account my current money situation i weigh about 8stone and about 5,8 any help would be appreciated (sorry for lengh of this thread)

E

EPMD

New guy from uk post #2
I used to have a Mongoose Pro.. all i can say is yes it is a shit bike and very heavy.. Luckily i did not have to deal with it anymore because it got stolen :lol: and as for a new bike issue, you pick any bike you feel comfortable with and that meets your standards and is in your price range

S

slappyslapnuts

New guy from uk post #3
Yes i get that part of it. but i need a really light bike as i said my muscles got screwed over when i was young so the bike needs to be light to lift and so on for doing bhops and manuals today at rampworx i was rolling in to some ramps but lots of pedal clipping even with leveling my pedels out also when i went up ramps my pedels seemed to stall on the copin

S

sentaafEQpovar

New guy from uk post #4
u might actually want to consider a racing bike in that case... idk though.... how much can u bench?

S

slappyslapnuts

New guy from uk post #5
im not that weak im just not super powerfull. thats why i mean i need a lighter bike as apposed to a 40lbs one

S

sentaafEQpovar

New guy from uk post #6
imo, u can just get used to it, and ass u advance and start breaking/replacing parts, just get lighter ones, when ur begining, there isnt much difference u notice with wieght unless its like 15 lbs, sinc eur only starting, id assume, only thing u will really be effected on is bunnyhoping or sumthing

S

slappyslapnuts

New guy from uk post #7
exactly this mongoose feels like theres concrete in it its just so dam heavy even a guy who had been biking for a year or so couldnt no bhop on it his bike felt like it was 30lbs

S

sentaafEQpovar

New guy from uk post #8
id guess most the wieght would be in the frame and the pegs

S

slappyslapnuts

New guy from uk post #9
yep so i was just wondering which bike was naturally light to buy whole as i dont have time to mess around ordering set parts or money to buy the best parts i could get 270 gbp which is about 405 dollers and that is the maximum i could get

S

sentaafEQpovar

New guy from uk post #10
just buy a new frame imo and take the pegs off till u learn to grind, then for that time, just keep the back one off till u ready to double peg

S

slappyslapnuts

New guy from uk post #11
but i use 2 of the pegs for dropping in (when im not failing to roll in)

S

slappyslapnuts

New guy from uk post #12
also the fact it seems to be falling apart after only one day of riding the trims seem to be getting bent

New Topics