New Front Rim

• Discuss New Front Rim in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, I was just about to order a front rim, i cant spend alot of cash. right not i have a alienation blacksheep rim, with something like a joytech hub... ...
BrandonCarhart

BrandonCarhart

New Front Rim post #1
Hey, I was just about to order a front rim, i cant spend alot of cash. right not i have a alienation blacksheep rim, with something like a joytech hub haha. Since Im lovin Blue right now, i was thinking of gettin a proper double wall rim in blue off dans, with the hub and spokes. It looks alright for like 85$ or w/e it is, take a look and give me thoughts
http://www.danscomp.com/401145.php?cat=PARTS

E RaK

E RaK

New Front Rim post #2
That's a very good front wheel

one question though
Why are you getting a new one? Joytech makes odyssey and many others and alienation rims are not the best but still decent

JohnW

JohnW

New Front Rim post #3
It's a decent wheel. Personally, I don't like regular 3/8" axles. 3/8" female or 14mm is the way to go imo. But for the price, go for it.

one question though
Why are you getting a new one? Joytech makes odyssey and many others and alienation rims are not the best but still decent
Joytech doesn't make the hubs, but they're made by the same company as many other hubs are usually.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

New Front Rim post #4
shit if you can aford it go for it i hear good thing

T

turndown101

New Front Rim post #5
yea proper rims are good..

my name is joe

my name is joe

New Front Rim post #6

one question though
joytech does not make odyssey. they are just simply a copy of the original. If you have 85 why dont you spend that on a Odyssey Hazard. Since this is a front rim you can also purchase a rhynolite which hold hardcore riding front and rear in 36. There is nothing wrong with running 3/8. My friend had a titanium hollow 3/8 axle and grinded with it. It did not bend, break or have anything wrong with it. I had a proper hub laced to a rhynolite. Lightest wheelset ever. I grinded on it hard and nothing was wrong with it. Buy something used. Marmoset or a hazard lite and learn to lace it yourself. If anything goes wrong just bring it to the shop and let them finish it.

Superbeast

Superbeast

New Front Rim post #7
Well for about $90 plus tax and spokes you could get a coalition hub laced to proper rim. Good combo, i ran that for over a year.

New Topics