New Chainwheel...

• Discuss New Chainwheel... in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [color=red][/color]Ok i hate most of the stock parts on my bike thats why the whole thing is basically gettin redone... well the chainwheel not really... ...
  • Tags bike bike parts bmx parts photo
D

Disturbed1

New Chainwheel... post #1
Ok i hate most of the stock parts on my bike thats why the whole thing is basically gettin redone... well the chainwheel not really likin it, and im lookin at a "Profile Fireball" "Profile Hurricane" "Profile Inferno" or a Profile Widow Maker MX". These are all ones that i would like to get... anyone else have any other ones that they think would look good...

D

Devourment 138

New Chainwheel... post #2
Profile Imperial

and try www.danscomp.com look under bike parts, then select chainwheels

A

ashton

New Chainwheel... post #4
profile blackjack owns all!

I

infantry43RIDER

New Chainwheel... post #5
ill just give you a list of some that i like...
animal lite
orginal animal sprocket
profile widow maker
profile blackjack
fbm (i don't know which)

E

EPMD

New Chainwheel... post #6
I hear Tree makes good chainwheels and there very strong, but expensive

D

Devourment 138

New Chainwheel... post #7
EPMD said:
I hear Tree makes good chainwheels and there very strong, but expensive
I'm lookin for some chainwheels for the solid cranks....confusing to say the least...and links or pics would be sweet

I

infantry43RIDER

New Chainwheel... post #8

the animal lite sprocket that i run

mutiny sprocket and guard one piece...super strong

the blackjack by profile

and the tree sprocket...not really a fan but i guess everyone likes it

there...some pictures

www.albes.com

M

Mr_Shrapnel

New Chainwheel... post #9
ok if you a sprocket which is actually well worth the money then get and RNC one (check the link), were talking titanium sprockets here!
http://www.rncmfg.com/sprocket.html

tree probably make one of the best aluminium sprockets out so check this link http://www.treebicycleco.com/

but if you want a good all round sprocket look at the animal sprockets OG or LITE, and always look at the FBM products because there new sprocket comes in 6061-t6 aluminium which is stronger than what most companies use and its also drilled for a bash guard.

http://www.animalbikes.com/
http://www.fbmbmx.com/

its worth noting that all of the above sprockets i have just listed are better than profile sprockets.

but if none on the above sprockets tickle your fancy chech out some of the reviews at http://www.bmx-test.com/

I

infantry43RIDER

New Chainwheel... post #10
yea i basically just put all those sprockets up.

for one thing titanium isn't made to be all woo hoo strong...the RNC sprockets are made to be light and it shows...example look at the RNC Ti lite sprocket...it looks like a piece of paper there are sooo many cutouts.

and for two...if you really really want strength in a sprocket...the Profile Blackjack sprocket is the way to go...get that thing in 3/16 for the fatty chains and you are set..bomb proof.

M

Moss

New Chainwheel... post #11
Profile sucks for everything but cassettes and cranks, and the cassettes are overpriced.

The PRofile chainwheels/Sprockets SUCK A$$

I

infantry43RIDER

New Chainwheel... post #12
uh no they don't.
profile really doesn't suck at anything.
you won't find a stronger sprocket ever than the blackjack...it doesn't look that great but how much design can you actually put into a sprocket?
if you are looking for strength...get the blackjack in 3/16 with a fatty chain...bombproof...no tree can do that...

X

XIII

New Chainwheel... post #13
Solid sprocket looks nice...
so does S&M USA

i am getting a new sprocket soon... i hear they are making a new Solid sprocket...same as the old one with different pictures on it (this is just what i heard)

D

Disturbed1

New Chainwheel... post #14
Im goin wit infantry on this one they really dont suck at anything, im just glad that there are some people that know what realy parts are...

S

sentaafEQpovar

New Chainwheel... post #15
Disturbed1 said:
Ok i hate most of the stock parts on my bike
why, are they not strong or sumthing? they liable to get bewnt and shit?

I

infantry43RIDER

New Chainwheel... post #16
the solution to hating stock parts on your bike would probally be to get some new non stock parts wouldn't it?

D

Disturbed1

New Chainwheel... post #17
yes i hate stock parts mostly because they arnt as tough and they look bad, just never liked stock parts... so thats why i get new parts...

X

XIII

New Chainwheel... post #18
most stock sprockets (the really thin ones) are like twice as heavy as the 1/4" thick aluminum sprockets.

they are also 3 times as weak

I

infantry43RIDER

New Chainwheel... post #19
yea but they are cheap...and that is why they are stock.

X

XIII

New Chainwheel... post #20
infantry43RIDER said:
yea but they are cheap...and that is why they are stock.
true.

New Topics