new bike; advise

• Discuss new bike; advise in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey guys, I hope you can help me out. My neighbor is shopping around for a bike for her 10 year old son. I used to BMX way back when, but stopped so... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx shop
V

Volcom19

new bike; advise post #1
Hey guys, I hope you can help me out. My neighbor is shopping around for a bike for her 10 year old son. I used to BMX way back when, but stopped so I don't know the good bikes anymore. She has narrowed the bikes down to a DK Cincinnati, a Haro F3, and a Nirve Flight20. Which one is overall the best choice? I have heard that the Cincinnati is small... is this true? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

-Austin

edit fol: changed the topic title in a more explaining one, please don't use "help me" titles.

G

new bike; advise post #2
DK cinciaoisjefi3jr whatever... DKs are good

C

Chuzzlewit

new bike; advise post #3
My first "serious"( by serious i mean, not a cheap s**t one from a high street shop) bmx was a Haro F3 (03). It was good for a beginner but thats about it. Also the sprocket bent REALLY easy, but i just hit mine out again...... probably why it snapped........ :roll: but i did like the bars, Haro Slims.

V

Volcom19

new bike; advise post #4
Hmm thanks guys,.. so which bike out of the 3 I listed would be the best?

E

EasternBMX

new bike; advise post #5
I would go with the DK becuause, though the kid is young he may stay with bmx longer and the DK is the only bike you listed that will last a long time without substancial wear on parts.

V

Volcom19

new bike; advise post #6
So a DK is more reliable, but will he outgrow it??

S

sentaafEQpovar

new bike; advise post #7
i dont think u can really outgrow a bike, as long as u keep riding it a lot

V

Volcom19

new bike; advise post #8
sentaafEQpovar said:
i dont think u can really outgrow a bike, as long as u keep riding it a lot
Yeah but aren't the Cincinnati's smaller then regular BMX's?

I

infantry43RIDER

new bike; advise post #9
what exactly would you call "regular".

V

Volcom19

new bike; advise post #10
infantry43RIDER said:
I was told by someone that the Cincinnati's were all around a bit smaller then normal BMX's. Is this not true? Thanks.

E

EasternBMX

new bike; advise post #11
They are not smaller

S

sentaafEQpovar

new bike; advise post #12
i myself like a small frame for street, makes me feel as if im more incontrol.... i love riding my gt mach 1 at the skateparks and stuff, btu im always scared im gonna break it

I

infantry43RIDER

new bike; advise post #13
Volcom19 said:
infantry43RIDER said:
I was told by someone that the Cincinnati's were all around a bit smaller then normal BMX's. Is this not true? Thanks.
the top tubes are 19.5".
that doesn't mean it is not "regular"

D

Devourment 138

new bike; advise post #14
sentaafEQpovar said:
i myself like a small frame for street, makes me feel as if im more incontrol.... i love riding my gt mach 1 at the skateparks and stuff, btu im always scared im gonna break it
Thats funny...now I understand why your sig looks the way it does.

F

federal_rider12

new bike; advise post #15
nirve nirve nirve nirve nirve! for sure over all. i think it has a full chromo frame and fork and has some good parts on it for a starter and when he gets good then he can add new parts and save money so he dont have to buy a new frame when he wants to be a serious rider

T

Trimix

new bike; advise post #16
Volcom19 said:
Hey guys, I hope you can help me out. My neighbor is shopping around for a bike for her 10 year old son. I used to BMX way back when, but stopped so I don't know the good bikes anymore. She has narrowed the bikes down to a DK Cincinnati, a Haro F3, and a Nirve Flight20. Which one is overall the best choice? I have heard that the Cincinnati is small... is this true? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Austin - Obviously you are going to get a lot of input on this one. Others may slap me, but I like the Haro F3. Remember he is TEN (I have a 10 year old also)....so it may be a couple of years before he actually has the strength and body weight to work the bike around past just riding it off curbs. Haro is a great beginners bike, I am a begginer, and it has served me well. I am 6 feet tall, and 180#....I have slammed my Haro around like a rookie for 6 months and it has held up fine, no problems. Only other thing I would say is think about his height, and the length of the top tube. If he is in the middle pecentile, go 20" - 20.5, and if he is tall go 21". However I think he would be happy (at 10) to have ANY of those bikes, as long as he rides and HAS FUN. We are talking TEN here.....

S

sentaafEQpovar

new bike; advise post #17
theres a mini haro backtrail, isnt therE?

may be a bit heavy for a 10 year old, but it is small
seeing the fact that is is a ten year old *i think*, why not get a racing bike, whats the worst they can do to it? a gt mach1 should serve well, + since its a racing bike, should be quite light, only thing i can see going wrong, is if they learn to grind early, then they will demolish the axles, and to whom might say, only noobs who cant grind screw up 3/8ths axels.... well, this kid is a noob at bmx

P

Pyro insaine

new bike; advise post #18
nirve sucks the biggest balls
the dk is a 19.5" frame and standerd bmx frame is 20" but it wont matter cause if he gets serious he'll switch the frame in 5 years and until then it don't mater so f*ck the nirve and go for the dk

F

federal_rider12

new bike; advise post #19
the nirve is much better then the cincinatti. the cincinatti is the same thing as the general just with front brakes and both r no good but unless nirve changed the flight it is the best out of all(well actually i dunno bout the haro since ive never seen it but i just hate haro) the flight has really good parts on it for a starter and for some of u guys i was ridin a dyno when i was 10 that was heavy and i was jumpin with it mostly off picnic tables and some small jumps and i could bunnyhop it it just takes some time

S

sentaafEQpovar

new bike; advise post #20
i think haro = abrecrombie

New Topics