new.. bar spins

• Discuss new.. bar spins in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; after seeing my brother bmx and how much he enjoys it I wanted to give it try.. maybe it runs in the fam. yea right.. aw how nice he gave his sister... ...
  • Tags barspin bike old school
S

sweet fracture

new.. bar spins post #1
after seeing my brother bmx and how much he enjoys it I wanted to give it try.. maybe it runs in the fam. yea right.. aw how nice he gave his sister his old hoffman and showed me how to do a few tricks.. and he left me on my own to practice... yea now on to the question.. i was able to do a bar spin just a few days ago but now when i try i just wont let myself do them.. not that i cant.. i just stop myself. like tonight i was outside for over an hour just attempting bar spins... but couldnt do it like i would be all ready to spin the bar and i would lift right hand and wait for the left to give it a spin but i wont. denied. i suck. any tips on what i should do..

I

infantry43RIDER

new.. bar spins post #2
well girl...first off don't say you suck...because doing barspins (well any trick for that matter) is mostly in your mind..you have to have confidence in what you are doing...so for example you just won't do the spin...just let everything that could happen after you throw the bars out of your mind and just spin them...see what happens...just think about completely the barspin and just do it...its all in your mind.

S

sentaafEQpovar

new.. bar spins post #3
tricks that require mind work, are treicks that require u to take limps off the bike, and gaps, and skinny rails

F

federal_rider12

new.. bar spins post #4
well get it past ur mind thats the prob ur mind is tellin u u cant do it just throw it and ur done mind games?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ADRENALINE OVER THE MIND!!!!!!!!!! like ive said before :wink:

S

sentaafEQpovar

new.. bar spins post #5
federal_rider12 said:
ADRENALINE OVER THE MIND!!!!!!!!!!
my mind always wins :(

F

federal_rider12

new.. bar spins post #6
my ego always win i talk from my past happenings(if i done it before) and well then im forced into tryin somethin that i cant do, like i got forced into doin a flair, OOOHHHH that didnt come out pretty at all but i shut up now and just ride and peer pressure, ego(when people are around), and adrenaline make me do whatever im thinkin and my brain thinks what i want to do then says i cant do it but i still do it

now did everyone understand my messed up mind of what he was writin? :lol: if u can read that 8O

S

sentaafEQpovar

new.. bar spins post #7
i did.... why does your avatar make u bike look likes its on magwheelss?

F

federal_rider12

new.. bar spins post #8
b/c my school books :x :wall: are sittin right next to the wheels

S

sentaafEQpovar

new.. bar spins post #9
man, my cousin in law is giving me the bike he used to ride when he was young, man, that thing is crazy, hella old school, handlebars huge leaned forward, these crazy mag wheels that have little things that spider off.. man

F

federal_rider12

new.. bar spins post #10
ah i know what mag ur talkin bout those ones r pretty good and i think they r lighter then others but man slipped my mind and i cant remember what their called

T

Trimix

new.. bar spins post #11
sweet fracture said:
after seeing my brother bmx and how much he enjoys it I wanted to give it try.. maybe it runs in the fam. yea right.. aw how nice he gave his sister his old hoffman and showed me how to do a few tricks.. and he left me on my own to practice... yea now on to the question.. i was able to do a bar spin just a few days ago but now when i try i just wont let myself do them.. not that i cant.. i just stop myself. like tonight i was outside for over an hour just attempting bar spins... but couldnt do it like i would be all ready to spin the bar and i would lift right hand and wait for the left to give it a spin but i wont. denied. i suck. any tips on what i should do..
Yea, listen to them all. It IS IN your mind. Everyone "sucks" in the beginning, and after a while you get to where you suck at less and less things, as you build a trick bank. I had one trick I could do. X-ups. That was all. Then I learned a second, then three, then four......I am now at five tricks, and once you start getting a few you start putting them together in routines.

You don't suck, just go out and say "I am going to do this", and then do it. Now I would not apply this school of thought to say "flip whips" right now cuz if you are not ready for that, you could hurt yourself a good lick. Move slowly and progressively, learning the basics.

I wouldn't really call a barspin a "basic" trick, but maybe it is......

Ride two hours a day for 30 days, and see if you get better?

E

Erin

new.. bar spins post #12
sweet fracture said:

Read Dr. Phil's Life Strategies you need a confidence boost

T

Trimix

new.. bar spins post #13
Confidence is the key, judgement is a worthwhile skill also.....but I must say...

Dr. Phil is a F***wit

He just sits there and tells people what is already common sense.

E

Erin

new.. bar spins post #14
some people don't realise it's common sense though.

I

infantry43RIDER

new.. bar spins post #15
true....but they should.
trimix is completely right about dr. phil.

F

federal_rider12

new.. bar spins post #16
Dr. Phil is a fake he aint no doctor Oprah just put him on a show b/c he could convince people bout stuff

E

EPMD

new.. bar spins post #17
federal_rider12 said:
Dr. Phil is a fake he aint no doctor Oprah just put him on a show b/c he could convince people bout stuff
Man that guy pisses me off so much.. he thinks hes always right but hes just some jackass.. how do i know? my mom watches him sometimes

I

infantry43RIDER

new.. bar spins post #18
dude i bet he is a real doctor.
but he is just giving people common sense anwsers.
seriously if these couples or whoever would just sit down and think for a little bit they would have no use for Dr. Phil at all.

F

federal_rider12

new.. bar spins post #19
well from what i heard some people did some undercove work and found he was never a certified doctor he like stopped classes or droped out and all he does is takes ur problems and comes up with a common sense answer within a fancy sentence all he can do is listen-- he is just like those holy healer people who have the power to heal from god, oh my gosh do i see an ear piece in my healers ear and someone is readin what is wrong with me, from a inquiry paper that i wrote before enterin, into his ear???

I

infantry43RIDER

new.. bar spins post #20
haha.

New Topics