new and confused!

• Discuss new and confused! in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi. i'm new to the whole BMX scene. i had ridden a few times when i was younger n really enjoyed it, so i want to start up properly. i have been... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx street
S

sal

new and confused! post #1
Hi. i'm new to the whole BMX scene. i had ridden a few times when i was younger n really enjoyed it, so i want to start up properly.

i have been reading the other threads and am now asking for some of the usual help...what bike to pick!! i need a good complete all-rounder bike to begin with. from other posts i can see the DK brand seems to get good feedback. i dont want to spend too much incase i get bored quickly (which is quite possible :wink: )

i'm only 5'3" and 140lbs-ish, so what size bike should i be looking at?

thanks!
sal

S

SR20DET

new and confused! post #2
yeh have a look at the dk 4,6,8 pack they gud bikes but it depends on what kind of bmxin u want to do?

-ramp
-street
-dirt
etc

also the cleveland is a good bike. i have a 6 pack and it has done ok so far apart from a few of the stock parts braking e.g sprocket, lever etc.

they are also not the dearest of bikes so you dont have to blow your load on a bike.

hope this helps! :D

S

sal

new and confused! post #3
yeah that helps loads. i was gonna get an allrounder bike n see what kind of riding i like best. i guess it will be street first, see how i fair with not falling off!

thanks for the help, i will check out some bike shops over the weekend.

New Topics