Need to tighten up front brakes

E

ElectricSix

Need to tighten up front brakes post #1
Hi, THis is my first post. I just bought a used bike but the front brakes are almost non existent. The brackets close onto the rim but they pretty much do nothing. I've tried tightening the wire connected to the brakes but have not had much luck. Any suggestions?

T

Twinkie

Need to tighten up front brakes post #2
tighten the springs withen each of the brake arms. where the bolt goes in that holds the brakes on, ther should be some thing that you can fit a wrench onto. That controls the tension on the springs. Im not sure which way will tension the srping, but wen u turn it and it forces the arm AWAY from the rim tension INCREASES. If that doesnt work, get new pads. If it still doesnt work, take em off, front brakes are jsut a gimmik. o, this o nly goes if u have U style brakes that use the 990 mounts

G

Need to tighten up front brakes post #3
put coke on your rims... that'll stop you real good.:twisted:

E

evanc

Need to tighten up front brakes post #4
Yeah, coke works real well except that it's a corrosive. I like to eat my rims apart instead of actually knowing how to fix somethingproperly; don't you?

I

infantry43RIDER

Need to tighten up front brakes post #5
i love that.

T

Trimix

Need to tighten up front brakes post #6
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

X

Xero

Need to tighten up front brakes post #7
Me too, my front brakes are cat! It's only a caliper and it does nothing! That said, i've seen bikes knocking about with no front brake and one lad had no brakes at all! Whats that about?

My back U brake is pants too. IT goes through a detangler - Gyro thingy. Do I need it? Dunno? :?

Is it just a case of getting better brake blocks or do I need to weld on some lugs for V brakes??????

Just noticed my trick, under my name, has been upgraded to X-up. Better get back down the park and learn how to do one quick! 8O

New Topics